My P1 Themed Predator Costume with Electronics and Sounds. (Pic Heavy)

I used one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Partstock-Connector-Replacement-Adapter-Connectors/dp/B07TBL5Z9T/ref=sr_1_4?crid=6E0KRY0Q4I5I&keywords=USB+2.0+male+solder&qid=1673790071&sprefix=usb+2.0+male+solder,aps,66&sr=8-4

and soldered a wire to the outside most pads to get 5V.

However, ksj has a better idea of using the USB-A male plug. No soldering necessary.
I have been switching to screw terminal adapters. Easy field repairs and less need to solder of things get pulled too hard.

Excellent ksj!!! Thx for taking the time to answer! I appreciate it
anytime. Just as an fyi I am right now coding a software piece for an alien isolation access tuner replica. I hope to get it done soon. Hardware and software. So this stuff is a bit easy for me, I try to help those and fill in the gaps on builds that need documentation. And you are welcome.

I used one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Partstock-Connector-Replacement-Adapter-Connectors/dp/B07TBL5Z9T/ref=sr_1_4?crid=6E0KRY0Q4I5I&keywords=USB+2.0+male+solder&qid=1673790071&sprefix=usb+2.0+male+solder,aps,66&sr=8-4

and soldered a wire to the outside most pads to get 5V.

However, ksj has a better idea of using the USB-A male plug. No soldering necessary.for

For the helmet electronics. In that one picture I obviously see your lasers that mpu 6050 and the RJ45. How come you have two positives going into the RJ45?
It looks like you have one ground two positives, two of those other lines from the mpu 6050 for a total of 5 lines into the rj45?
Thx

For the helmet electronics. In that one picture I obviously see your lasers that mpu 6050 and the RJ45. How come you have two positives going into the RJ45?
It looks like you have one ground two positives, two of those other lines from the mpu 6050 for a total of 5 lines into the rj45?
Thx
the 6050 was a bit odd in how it is finicky with signaling and wires. Stuff had to be separated out. Plus with the way cat5 is you have to wire things a certain way to minimize cross talk and interference

I switched to another gyroscope model that was less problematic, but I also switched my whole setup over to a raspberry pi, the cat5 on my setup is used for power and sound communication to the wrist gauntlet.

the 6050 was a bit odd in how it is finicky with signaling and wires. Stuff had to be separated out. Plus with the way cat5 is you have to wire things a certain way to minimize cross talk and interference

I switched to another gyroscope model that was less problematic, but I also switched my whole setup over to a raspberry pi, the cat5 on my setup is used for power and sound communication to the wrist gauntlet.
I think since I'm new to all this I'll stick with the arduino and copying what moe did. It's just hard to look at some of those pictures zoomed in.

Thx
I don't have the armor in front of me right now but I believe what I wanted to accomplish is the lasers turning on with the servos but the mpu being on with the arduino mega. The arduino mega is on from the start...I believe.

I don't have the armor in front of me right now but I believe what I wanted to accomplish is the lasers turning on with the servos but the mpu being on with the arduino mega. The arduino mega is on from the start...I believe.
A quick question what did you use for your filament? Did you just use pla?

oh yea Moe For the left gauntlet with the electronics. Where is the .stl file with the spirals? i noticed it seems to be missing or im just messed up haha. i see it on your pictures printed out. thx!

A quick question what did you use for your filament? Did you just use pla?
I mostly use ABS filament. I like the way it finishes and I'm able to glue it using solvents.
oh yea Moe For the left gauntlet with the electronics. Where is the .stl file with the spirals? i noticed it seems to be missing or im just messed up haha. i see it on your pictures printed out. thx!
Are you talking about the spiral to open and close the gauntlets around your forearms? cause I used a piano hinge for that. Otherwise, if you are talking about the electronics part, that's built in to the print as 2 long barrels each.

I mostly use ABS filament. I like the way it finishes and I'm able to glue it using solvents.

Are you talking about the spiral to open and close the gauntlets around your forearms? cause I used a piano hinge for that. Otherwise, if you are talking about the electronics part, that's built in to the print as 2 long barrels each.
On that attached picture in the blue circles those spirals I don't see those anywhere on your dot STL files.

Attachments

• 20191203_235832.jpg
    20191203_235832.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 58
Hello moe what type of snap fasteners did you use? And those type of regular screws that I circled in white? Thank you again!

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    1,003.3 KB · Views: 67
Another quick question for that ethernet connection from the gyro to the backpack. Did you notice any weird issues? I noticed that it lasts for 30 seconds information from the gyro and then it quits and then I have to keep resetting the Arduino. But it works indefinitely when it's a solid wire

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back