My P1 Themed Predator Costume with Electronics and Sounds. (Pic Heavy)

I have no interest in selling things so I make sure that the documentation exists so others can follow suit if they wish. After sales support on such setups can be a trap especially if you do not have a proper contract and terms agreed upon at the time of sale.

This is just ridiculous. Great Job!!! I am sure it's an inspiration to a lot of people.

Thank you. That was my original hope, to inspire and to allow someone else to make it or possibly, grow from it.

This is a fantastic set!
Are the original 3D models your own work or collected from around Thingiverse and modified to your size?

Most of the 3D files are either my own files or heavily modified pepakura files with the exception of plasma cannon (borrowed from thingiverse and modified to carve out a path for wiring/servos/screws/nuts).

I think the back pack took me the longest to get right. In the end, it was easier to model from scratch than to use anything preexisting.

Fantastic Build! Thank you for the files and tutorial! This will definitely help me with my P1 build. I have one question tho - I'm a newbie with a 3D printer. How do I slice these files to fit an Anet A8 8.5" square by 9" tall printbed? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Fantastic Build! Thank you for the files and tutorial! This will definitely help me with my P1 build. I have one question tho - I'm a newbie with a 3D printer. How do I slice these files to fit an Anet A8 8.5" square by 9" tall printbed? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!
I have the same printer. Personally I use windows 10 "3D builder" for cutting any files into pieces.

Currently working on this design, one of the best practicle suits around, never attempted anything like this before.
So... new 3d printer for xmas last year (thats what started it all off lol) had to learn that - and slicing and 3D software, then gotta figure out what sticks what to what, which paint sticks to what, which thinners to use for each paint - how to airbrush - buy an airbrush, buy a compressor and it goes on and on and on! - but it's great fun and a Massive - Massive learning curve.
I'm interested if anyone is currently building one of these at the moment or even if anyone still reads this post, it seems the poor old Preddy is not so popular as he once was?
Thank you Mo for your work on this project.

Currently working on this design, one of the best practicle suits around, never attempted anything like this before.
So... new 3d printer for xmas last year (thats what started it all off lol) had to learn that - and slicing and 3D software, then gotta figure out what sticks what to what, which paint sticks to what, which thinners to use for each paint - how to airbrush - buy an airbrush, buy a compressor and it goes on and on and on! - but it's great fun and a Massive - Massive learning curve.
I'm interested if anyone is currently building one of these at the moment or even if anyone still reads this post, it seems the poor old Preddy is not so popular as he once was?
Thank you Mo for your work on this project.
I’m currently making one as well. Have mask and back pack printed, back armor almost done as well as the head piece. Been ordering bits and bobs of electronics etc etc. Always checking and rechecking all images trying to figure stuff out just wished someone would do a step by step for them for this costume. Also anyone know which hard hat band is used , I get a lot of metal fibre in my searches but no mention of metal bands.dunno if many people know but you can use a saldering iron to weld pla together and cleanup with a random orbital sander.
Also for the head piece where the hair plugs into anyone know what colors are used? And the armour is it silver, or stainless steel colour weathered. Anyhoo glad I found this place and glad to finnaly be making my dream costume

Would it be inappropriate if I started a build thread of moes costume that I am currently making from his files on thingiverse? I don’t want to break any local etiquette etc.

Would it be inappropriate if I started a build thread of moes costume that I am currently making from his files on thingiverse? I don’t want to break any local etiquette etc.
Great idea. Then you can have a master tracking thread on YOUR build...

I’m currently making one as well. Have mask and back pack printed, back armor almost done as well as the head piece. Been ordering bits and bobs of electronics etc etc. Always checking and rechecking all images trying to figure stuff out just wished someone would do a step by step for them for this costume.
There should be a diagram in the Thingiverser download on the wiring.

Also anyone know which hard hat band is used , I get a lot of metal fibre in my searches but no mention of metal bands.
I have a background in various trades. The "band" I used is actually a flattened simpson strong tie used in framing. I attached it the the main head and printed 2 piece that slide onto it to support the hard hat harness.

dunno if many people know but you can use a saldering iron to weld pla together and cleanup with a random orbital sander.
It's a good tip. I use abs mostly and usually just glue with ABS glue and fill in the gaps using a 3D print pen.

Also for the head piece where the hair plugs into anyone know what colors are used?
This comes down to the user, but I think my colors are
1) Base is printed in black ABS
2) Primer
3) Dark Brown for outer
4) Light Brown for inner
5) Almond for light color
6) Black for weathering

stainless steel colour weathered.

I think I used Weathered Steel for my armor bits and weathered with browns and blacks

Not at all, got get em and don't be afraid to improve on my design.

There should be a diagram in the Thingiverser download on the wiring.

I have a background in various trades. The "band" I used is actually a flattened simpson strong tie used in framing. I attached it the the main head and printed 2 piece that slide onto it to support the hard hat harness.

It's a good tip. I use abs mostly and usually just glue with ABS glue and fill in the gaps using a 3D print pen.

This comes down to the user, but I think my colors are
1) Base is printed in black ABS
2) Primer
3) Dark Brown for outer
4) Light Brown for inner
5) Almond for light color
6) Black for weathering

I think I used Weathered Steel for my armor bits and weathered with browns and blacks

Not at all, got get em and don't be afraid to improve on my design.
I think the diagram is for the shoulder cannon not the wrist and sound board, no biggie I will eventually figure it out lol.
The strong tie I wish I knew that beforehand, I attached the hard hat harness to the head piece and when I adjust the strap to secure to my head makes my head feel like it’s going to explode hahah. Upon looking more close to the image I now see the added strap.
My printers are inside my house , had in my shop but with fluctuating temps out their so was clogging nozzles and failing prints so have to do pla inside and can’t do other due to fumes.
And thanks for the ok to post a build, will be doing a costume for me and modifying one for my wife. Doing your mandalorian gear for my father just hit a snag with I think the shoulder pieces too big for my ender 3’s.

I think the diagram is for the shoulder cannon not the wrist and sound board,
Oh, that's easy, just take a look here (Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger with 16MB Flash) to get an idea on how to wire the sound board. The buttons are your choice to which sounds you want them to make.

2220-00.jpg

They Discuss the Sound FX board in detail around the 13 minute mark Here:

The rest of the wiring into the gauntlet is power in, Ground, 2 wires for flashlight toggle and 2 wires to turn on the cannon and laser lights.

Oh, that's easy, just take a look here (Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger with 16MB Flash) to get an idea on how to wire the sound board. The buttons are your choice to which sounds you want them to make.

View attachment 1641920

They Discuss the Sound FX board in detail around the 13 minute mark Here:

The rest of the wiring into the gauntlet is power in, Ground, 2 wires for flashlight toggle and 2 wires to turn on the cannon and laser lights.
On mine I switched over the screw terminal adapters...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back