My P1 so far build

scottyw

Okay so i'm a total noob but i've jumped straight in to start building my own suit. I'm going to be using a Mr I method but a little different. I've ordered a few bits of armour and still got more stuff to get. The best thing i have so far is my Usurper P1, it's awesome. Anyway i wanted to start a thread more for myself to encourage me to make progress. I've never used an airbrush before, ever, but i bought one from ebay to use for my build. I did take pictures from scratch but thanks to stupid itunes i've now lost them all so you'll have to forgive there only being 2 pics at the moment but more should be following pretty soon.
So this is where i'm up to at the moment with my P1 mask, i know the head is a little dark and i still need lots more spots but i'll be changing that for the next pics but i'd love some opinions on my work so far. Thanks for looking.

img0002ef.jpg.png

img0003est.jpg.png

I love the color fades & variatin. More spots are ok, but remember... It's your paint-up, your decision. If you're going for a different & unique look, you're certainly going about the right direction.

I love the color fades & variatin. More spots are ok, but remember... It's your paint-up, your decision. If you're going for a different & unique look, you're certainly going about the right direction.
I think i'll definitely do more spots around the crown and back of the head. I'm not sure though if the 2 lines should come abit further down the forehead or not?

I added more spots around the crown. I'm now cursing myself for buying a cheap ebay airbrush and compressor set. I've used the set 6 times in total and it has just broken for the second time, argh! Moral of the story, it's cheap for a reason.

photo3dd.jpg.png

photo2dc.jpg.png

photomm.jpg.png

Anyway due to being unable to paint for the time being i thought i'd start on my suit. I was going to do a Mr.I suit but when my suit arrived it was the deluxe version which did not have a zipper on the back and it was a terrible small fit. After seeing Jaded post his method i thought i'd give that a shot so i bought myself a lycra wetsuit rashguard, which is basically a lycra body suit but with the added bonus of a very heavy duty wetsuit zipper to start with. I cut some muscles out of some gym floor matting and attached to the suit but i wasn't really happy with the way they looked, it's a bit more Batman than Predator so i covered the chest and leg muscles over with the stuffing from the Mr. i suit muscles. It still need alot more work to even out the muscles and to add some bumps and stuff but here's what i have so far.

img0017dv.jpg.png

Comments, criticism and advice are all much appreciated.

You may want to do a Google Image search for "Muscle anatomy" to get a better idea of the various muscle shapes. I think you'll have a better understanding of how they tie together and your final product will be much improved. The abs look a little blocky IMHO and I'm not too sure about the knee-pads. I'd hate for you to get too far down the road and realize it didn't look correct. Good luck!

I've got tons more work yet to do on the suit, i know it looks pretty hideous at the moment. I've got some anatomy stuff and i'm hoping to have it corrected soon. I wasn't going to post it how it looks at this stage but thought it was a good way to see progress. All going well you should see some soon.
You may want to do a Google Image search for "Muscle anatomy" to get a better idea of the various muscle shapes. I think you'll have a better understanding of how they tie together and your final product will be much improved. The abs look a little blocky IMHO and I'm not too sure about the knee-pads. I'd hate for you to get too far down the road and realize it didn't look correct. Good luck!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back