My P1 Bio Budget Build -Final Update Complete See Page 2

Double H

Sr Member
Hi fellow hunters,

Recently I have been looking into making my own P1 bio. As at the moment I am on a tight budget and money is an object at the mo, I have been looking into making one from materials lying around the house. Last night I decided I could wait no longer.

I started by designing it from different angles and views (different angles of the original P1 bio used in the film) to make sure that the bio will be as accurate as possible to the original. Here's a picture of the designs:

IMAG0249.jpg

I then started constructing the bio. I started off using cardboard to construct an under skeleton of the bio (looked alot like a Roman gladiator helmet). I then built out from the skeleton starting from the bottom up. Till I ended up with this:

IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg

Picture of bio over mask:

IMAG0248.jpg

Sorry about the tacky masking tape (didn't have any glue)

I am now going to cover this over in masking tape to fill in any holes and then paint over in PVA to make it solid and at a later date painting in and adding LEDs. I will update once covered in masking tape and PVA'd.

Let me know what you guys think, any advice/feedback is appreciated.
bigthumb.gif

Cheers

Hunter

Last edited by a moderator:
!!!!UPDATE!!!!

Hello fellow hunters,

Just a quick update on my P1 bio build - Finished building the bottom of the bio up to the visor area. I added some pieces of backer rod cut length ways through the middle and stuck it to different areas on the skeleton. I then covered this in several layers of masking tape and then PVA'd it.

Here are some pictures:

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

I will update at next check point - once i have added the details to the top of the bio etc.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Hunter

That's looking good so far, how are you planning on smoothing over the tape for a clean finish? Will enough layers of pva do it?

That's looking good so far, how are you planning on smoothing over the tape for a clean finish? Will enough layers of pva do it?

Yeah, if you put a thin layer of PVA over to begin with and let that dry it make sure that none of the masking tape will peel off or roll up - also if you use a hair dryer it dries faster but also seems to make the structure more solid. After that add another layer but this time make it thicker then let it dry (or hair dry it) and then repeat once or twice more.

The thickness of the layers and how many layers there are fill in the cracks of the masking tape and make it smooth - as added bonus it keeps the bio light.

Hunter

Thank you, muscle shirt is not fully complete yet but can get a few snaps up later.

Cheers

Hunter

Update carpe noctem

Heres my skin pics, it not fully complete but you get the idea. Enjoy ...

Muscle top front:
IMAG0259.jpg

Muscle top back:
IMAG0260.jpg

Legs front:
IMAG0262.jpg

Legs back:
IMAG0263.jpg

Let me know what you think ...

Cheers

Hunter

what paint did you use for that material and what color brown is that

I used water colour to paint it. I sprayed the area I was working on with a light water spray to dampen the area, then I added the water colour. I used straight colour in the dark areas and I watered the colours down to gain a lighter tone as i painted out from the darker areas.The water spray allowed the colours to blend evenly.

For the main colour used a brown colour called 'ash brown' and a very watered down 'burnt yellow' on the edge of the water down brown for affect.

For the thousands of black dots I used a permanent marker (dots closer together over the darker areas and then gradually more spaced out to for effect in lighter areas) which took hours and hours of sweat, cross eyed-ness and numerous amounts of cursing at it - I was seeing dots for days

Cheers

Hunter

would you maybe make more and sell them because they look great and people who dont have alot of money to afford a latex suit like me would like to buy one.

would you maybe make more and sell them because they look great and people who dont have alot of money to afford a latex suit like me would like to buy one.

Thanks for the great feedback, thats made my day. I have never considered there to be a market for making material muscle suits (always thought people wanted latex) but may have to consider making them.

Cheers fella :p

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

Hello fellow hunters,

I have just finished applying the masking tape and I have just finished the first layer of PVA (the structual one). I have also added some backer rod covered in masking tape and then glued to the mask for the air hose to go in. I have also added in the laser area (laser installed and wired for reference).
Heres a few snaps:

Front:
IMAG0265.jpg

Air hose side:
IMAG0264.jpg

Laser Side:
IMAG0266.jpg

Inside of bio:
IMAG0267.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Hunter

Thanks for the great feedback, thats made my day. I have never considered there to be a market for making material muscle suits (always thought people wanted latex) but may have to consider making them.

Cheers fella :p

lol, not all people just want latex, i mean some want even foam masks. latex cant limit the stuff you want to sell that is another material it would help so many people that have no skill or people on a tight budget..

lol, not all people just want latex, i mean some want even foam masks. latex cant limit the stuff you want to sell that is another material it would help so many people that have no skill or people on a tight budget..

Never thought of it that way before, will defiantly look into that - cheers fella.

thank u for posting the muscle shirt pics, kool, but that bio is fantastic!!! and to think u made that with cardboard , unbelievable!!! great job buddy!!

thank u for posting the muscle shirt pics, kool, but that bio is fantastic!!! and to think u made that with cardboard , unbelievable!!! great job buddy!!

No problem fella, glad I could help. Still working on the bio, couple more layers of PVA glue should do it and then moving on to painting in.

Thanks for the feedback :p

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back