My non accurate Darh Vader

Mordor Brass

Hi, i would like to say "sorry" to all ultrahipermega fans of Star Wars. I ´m only 5´18 ft, therefore i made a Darth Vader costume for my size. It´s non accurate but nice to see.
The chest and the shins ar totally custom for my size. The helmet is a Toys arus toy modified and renovated. Have breathing sound with 8W speaker and a little fan. Under suit is in nylon, very easy to cut and sew. The chest box is a toy renovated. The gloves.... very bad, i know. The belt is from scratch and the cod piece a camping matt foam cutted and lined. I need that the cape cover more shoulders. In the next cape 2.0 i`ll make.:)
I hope that you enjoy with the build process.

8JWwwg
P.D. All the "Making of" and more in: Mordor Props' photosets on Flickr

I say outstanding work!!! And hell, not every costume has to be "screen accurate". Sometimes we forget that what we do should be first and foremost FUN!!!! :thumbsup

Nice to see vaders being built for the sheer fun of building one. not to mention that this one turned out so good,. great job bro! hope mine turns out even just a bit as nice as yours.

I think you did a fine job and if you are having fun with it then you have accomplished your goal! Nice work...and the gloves look cool...where'd u get them?
Mike

Hi guys, many many thanks for all your words. I´m happy with your comments. And yes, was very funny build. I enjoyed in all the process. Some headache :facepalm but finaly funny.

Miker, the gloves is from Darth Vader children costume buyed in Ebay. I would like ones more realistics, but..... i have little hands....

Thanks to alls

I actually like that you decided to make the costume suit you. You made it your own. I like to see costume makers do that, especially if they do it well. Your costume looks amazing! As long as you're proud of it and enjoy wearing it, then you did a perfect job.

I like seeing people sculpt their armor parts from scratch. Yours looks very good. I'd have loved to see the helmet sculpted, too. Looks like you could have done a nice job with that as well.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back