My "Nike MAG" MODELKIT BY CLONEPROPS¡¡¡

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by cloneprops, Mar 4, 2012.

1. cloneprops

cloneprops Active Member

Hi all guys,

Im starting an interesting project and finally decided to make my own thread about.
    Im finished "Modelkit I" and im involved in kit II.That kit is probably the most difficult because have more complexity in molds and materials(transparent urethanes,ect.)Soles and midsoles.

The modelkit III is for the rest of the shoe, like textile patterns and other stuff.

I have developing that since october.Lot of fails :cry, and lot of wins:thumbsup , I learn a lot about molding,sculpting and prototyping.

theres a video about that project:
    Untitled on Vimeo
    here you can see a basic show of the parts of kit I.

and more videos about the process:

Untitled on Vimeo

Untitled on Vimeo

Untitled on Vimeo

Untitled on Vimeo

Untitled on Vimeo

if you want to see more details about the "making of" and the techniques used to obtain that pieces you can visit my blog: www.cloneprops.blogspot.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  2. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

You know I'm in for a kit :love

3. cloneprops

cloneprops Active Member

I know Jedifyfe,I know...youre on list!!

4. deadbolt

deadbolt Sr Member

Very interesting! :love

-Carson

5. Pitbull

Pitbull Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Im in for a kit but i would really like to know how much so i can put a stamp on it.

6. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very well done - and interested. Sure, I may be a proud owner of the official Nike Mag shoes - but I'd like to have a pair that I can actually wear to cons without fear of damaging my valuable replicas!

7. sarni1000

sarni1000 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

interested!

8. cloneprops

cloneprops Active Member

In a few days I will post a thread in the junkyard, with all information about the kit I,(price each piece,details about,shipping date,photos of the kit,etc)and the list of definitive users who want limited edition "Modelkit I".Im not sure how much copies I will made,because my molds was not designed for massive copies!!I will keep the order of preference of pleople who are posting and want the kit.

9. GeneralFROSTY

Will this come with the upper?

10. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

Holy crap on a cracker...

Glad I've held out!

11. markpoon

markpoon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi cloneprops,

I'm in :)

12. clonesix

clonesix Sr Member

I would like to ask where you found white rubber? Is it urethane? I have sought white rubber with no luck, so I hope you won't mind sharing.

13. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

um....Awesome!

14. dbalschi

dbalschi Sr Member

I'll definitely be posting in your JY thread. Nice job!

15. Knight80

Knight80 New Member

Im in.

16. DL4567

DL4567 Sr Member

Hi cloneprops, you know I'm in, but posting here just to be "official."

17. cnickle1

cnickle1 Member

I'm in too.

18. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

Will these be wearable when the project is complete?

19. joelgoodson

joelgoodson Well-Known Member

yeah, is size 13 available?

20. Sarednab

Sarednab Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm in!

21. falconNL

falconNL Active Member

These look Amazing! Depending price, i would be in for set of shoes if they come in 11!

EDIT: 03-13
    The list of people that requested a size 11 is as followed:
    1# falconNL
    2# Risu
    3# Vainess
    4# airair
    5# McFly88
    6# cnickle1
    7# darthslick

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  22. cloneprops

cloneprops Active Member

Pitbull:you know the price soon, ill post in junkyard in few days.

clonesix: its urethane with pigments.its a little complex to handle because you need a mold that dont stick with urethane compound¡¡

General Frosty: thanks, if you wrote "very well done" and you have a original Mags, im SO glad¡¡¡ of course you can have a exact copies for use.The materials are high resistant."The KIT I" have a upper white parts,backheels and transparents L.E.D bubbles.you see in my signature.

dbalschi: thanks man¡¡

Mechinyum: My nike Mag project is designed for be 100% wearable I made a lot of I+D in materials with optimum test in cushion,abrassion,elasticity and some cases for example, lightweight and transparency.I Designed every piece to be more easy to ensamble like a "standard modelkit"

joelgoodson:the "Kit I" maybe works in that size because is not a great change in matter of sizes for backheel,whitepart,and bubbles.The problem is the KIT II¡¡ for other sizes I need to reprint in 3D soles and midsoles and make the 6 molds¡¡¡ maybe find a solution.....

Falcon:the Kit I not affect to size at all, because the BIG problems are the soles and midsoles.if you join more users with that size or another maybe made a solution about.

Sharednab,cnickle,dl4567,knight80,dorian gray,markpoon,oldken,sarni1000,deadbolt and of course Jedyfife(maybe forget something?): BIG Thanks¡¡¡¡

Thanks for the rest of users by giving me support and encouragement to continue this project.

You know news in a little while. :)

23. GeneralFROSTY

So what size is it and does it come with the upper - meaning the fabric portion of the shoe.

24. jbeastafer

jbeastafer New Member

It comes with the rubber heel part, the back of the strap and the two led covers.

25. falconNL

falconNL Active Member

Any updates?

26. Risu

Risu Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm definitely interested if these come in 11.

27. jiggawho85

jiggawho85 Active Member

I'm going to need a few of these!!! very nice!!!:thumbsup

28. GeneralFROSTY

Any word on sizes?

29. chris.jones

chris.jones Member

Cloneprops you know i am in, now offical.

30. Vainess

Vainess New Member

VaiNess here...( im in)..as well .. (size 11) . ive been on a quest to find the clear sole material and a led cover . . man your a life saver.. thanks luke may the force b with u

31. doriang

doriang New Member

I'm definitely in. Great project, Cloneprops! :)

32. airair

airair Sr Member

hi
    is this going to be a set of all the parts which you have to put together yourself?

if so, im in too. Size 11.

this is awesome

33. SupernaturalFan

SupernaturalFan Well-Known Member

Will you be able to pull off a size 14?

34. kevjh

kevjh Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm in!

35. thegreatgalling

thegreatgalling Sr Member

Good luck man, watching with interest. You are one talented dude.

36. McFly88

McFly88 Well-Known Member

I am def. very interested. Can't wait to see the final product and would love to know the Price ASAP in size 11 def. :thumbsup

37. major payne

major payne Active Member

I would be interested aswell

38. TKRalph

TKRalph Well-Known Member

Interested too...

39. notaek

notaek New Member

These are incredible! I'm absolutely 100% interested and would love to buy in size 10 once available in the Junkyard.

40. Vainess

Vainess New Member

VaiNess.......)size 11.. (Some men see things as they are and ask why, I dream of things that never were an ask.. why Not.) please keep us updated ...

41. cnickle1

cnickle1 Member

I didn't specify before but I'm also interested in a size 11. That's the main reason I didn't buy the Mark Poon shoe - I was afraid the size it came in was too small.

42. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Guys...I don't think that he will be making different sizes.

43. Vainess

Vainess New Member

You were wright they or super Chinese small .I bought a pair ..an i wish i didnt... At least My "Nike MAG" MODELKIT BY CLONEPROPS¡¡¡ is legit he shows you real video time . HOPEFULY the kit is reasonable in price.. if so this is what we all been waiting for To all the BTTF Mag fanatics ...Its About Time....

44. notaek

notaek New Member

He made some statements to that effect on the first page but that he also wasn't sure how he'd finally solve specific sizing for Kit III, ideally doing so, especially if these could be wearable in the end. Hopefully we'll get some clarification soon. Either way this is the best I've seen and can't wait to see it come together!!

45. Vainess

Vainess New Member

"Last post ..... on this" . ( Great Scott.........So far its been show an tell but im lovin the hype but it feels Im like waiting on a organ donors list for a heart transplant lovin the results keep up the good perfection grade A1 work .. oh last an never forgotten statistics or in common size group or..9..10..11..12. you figure if you have four size molds from size 9... to 12.. you cover 80% of demand..If you wear a size 8 you would get a 9 or even better if you wear a size 10.5 you can get a size 11 this covers 80% of peoples feet in america know one is left out special orders for size 13 to 15 its only 2 molds that will cover size 13 to 15 .... 12.5 you get a size 13 ....two for special orders simple math four molds equal Mc square you get the picture mass orders ..time to separate the boys from the men ...time machine is set for year 2015 Lets go back in time ..... CLONEPROPS¡¡¡ please think about his proposal.. We beg of you...

46. falconNL

falconNL Active Member

So far i counted 6 times size 11, and he is willing to make them if there are enough people that want to joint that size.

Look for Post#21 for the list.

47. darthslick

darthslick New Member

Interested in a size 10.5 so make it a size 11 for me ;-)

48. Teisco

Teisco New Member

i'd be in for a size 11

49. dhennick99

dhennick99 Member

I'm in. Is this just for the molded pieces, or an actual shoe? I see a lot of sizes being posted. I'm in regardless, and if there are sized replicas I'd do a 10.5.

50. cloneprops

cloneprops Active Member

Hi all guys,
    I read a lot of comments about to made different sizes. I understand your needs but is too expensive for me to made new sizes. only midsoles 3D printing at that sizes cost about 300-400 euros, plus the cost of making all molds(2 for midsoles and 4 for transparent soles)and of course,the liquid urethane to inject,the special pigments for coloring urethane, and the exotic cristal clear UV ressistant urethane for soles,and so on.I think something like donations for the first BIG inversions,sincerely I dont know, or preparing a list with the number of persons interested in sizes 11, 10 ,9 , ect.Im triying to help as I can.