My Newbery TARDIS build (Tom Baker era)

thanks, gang. Nice to see my work appreciated :) This coming weekend, I hope to manage the other two walls. After that,I think I'll have to figure out the sign boxes and then tackle the roof. I plan on saving the doors for last.

It looks great! Such attention to details.

What's the update with the Home Ownders Association now? They still giving you a hard time?

No,no,no. I will not start another project. I have been a Baker fan since the 70's. Im loving this build.
Great job.
Bonded Hawk

It looks great! Such attention to details.

What's the update with the Home Owners Association now? They still giving you a hard time?
I saw a lawyer, who looked at the pile of emails and letters, and plans, and first said 'Hey, that's a Newbery Tardis, right?' (knew I found the right guy right there...lol).

Anyway, he said no judge in the state would take the architectural committee passing the buck off to the main board as fulfilling the rule I invoked in our home owners association (15 days written notice or automatically approved). Essentially, he said they can't stop me. :cool

Good progress so far, I look forward to seeing it progress.

I'd love to have the skill to do something like this, but having had a nightmare putting up a prefabricated garden store I know it's beyond me!

Good progress so far, I look forward to seeing it progress.

I'd love to have the skill to do something like this, but having had a nightmare putting up a prefabricated garden store I know it's beyond me!
Honestly, it's not rocket science. Measure twice, cut once, etc etc etc. Made a few mistakes, as mentioned above, but in the end it'll work out ok.

Anyway, he said no judge in the state would take the architectural committee passing the buck off to the main board as fulfilling the rule I invoked in our home owners association (15 days written notice or automatically approved). Essentially, he said they can't stop me. :cool

That's great! I hope they give up and don't try to make life miserable.

Kev and I looking forward to seeing this go up this summer. :D Also, a friend of mine is a huge Dr. Who fan, I'll have to show her the photos... If you ever need a place to move it, I'm sure she'd be okay holding on to it for you. haha!

That's great! I hope they give up and don't try to make life miserable.

Kev and I looking forward to seeing this go up this summer. :D Also, a friend of mine is a huge Dr. Who fan, I'll have to show her the photos... If you ever need a place to move it, I'm sure she'd be okay holding on to it for you. haha!
lol... if she's single, I'll consider a 'loan'.;)

WOO HOO! I found a lamp for the roof on eBay.

$(KGrHqV,!o8E-)PfOQ27BP6k3zIbYw~~60_3.JPG

It's a salvage from a ship. If I can't clean up the metal and get it where I want it, I at least have the correct size 360 degree fresnel lens.

slight setback, but not completely unexpected. Took the tarp off the TARDIS yesterday, and saw that two beveled cross pieces had fallen off. Well, as they were only Liquid Nailed on, I half expected that. So, I re-glued them, drilled all the way through from the outer side, then went inside (well, as inside as one can go with 4 corners but only one wall) and put 1" screws through the plywood and into all the beveled pieces. 1" was enough to get a good grip and hold them in tight, without coming through the outer side. Filled the visible holes, and that wall is repaired.

As I was in the middle of making the other two walls, I did the same with them as I built them. Tomorrow I hope to get these other two walls in place.

This is turning out fantastic! I will hopefully start mine this fall. Still have not decided on which Era though. As for the liquid nails, regular indoor outdoor wood glue works just fine, and get yourself a finish nailer from Harbor Freight when they go on sale......you will thank me!

Another day, another update.

I got 3 walls up last week, so I finally feel like I am actually accomplishing something :thumbsup

I know the corners are short, as you will later, but I decided it was too hot out to work on them, so I concentrated on the POLICE PUBLIC CALL BOX sign boxes instead, as I could do that indoors.

Here are a few shots of the boxes as I put them together...

The slots are for the actual signs. I will be using two sheets of plexiglass. One, painted black with the lettering in white, and a second sheet over that to protect it from the elements. When the outer sheet wears, I can just replace it, and the lettering underneath should be just as good as the day I install the plexiglass.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back