My New Scratch Build Project - Steampunk Corsair

I really like you project - and the mini-nuke!

What is the purpose of retaining the center prop engine?- it is flanked by two larger engines which seem more than enough to propel the aircraft. That location would be excellent for some sort of BFG- a lightning beam cannon which could be built forward of your existing radial piston engine as greebly...

I'm keeping it cuz it way easier than replacing it with something else.. And cuz it's got a third source of propulsion.. So it kinda the air intake for it..

I've been sort of stalled on this build though. I am redesigning said third propulsion device.. The rocket engine in the aft of the fuselage.

Just trying to work out some major details, and I'm not sure how to go about it at the moment. Also changed jobs and that is making it difficult to devote time.

Also started a second model project - a WWII Colonial Viper from a spitfire of which should be easier to kit bash.. There's some donor parts from P-38 lightning as well..

Should I start a second thread for that one?

So here is a quick update..
Was trying to figure out how to build the turbines and not want to shoot myself.. My dad suggested using a pop can (soda can for you Americans).

I cut the top and bottom off the cans and then cut top to bottom so I could lay the sheet flat..

Traced the size circle I needed and the centre hub and cut it out with a pair of very sharp scissors Then after measuring equal distance blades used to scissors again to cut the separation between them. The scissors add a natural twist to the blades that only need a little evening out between each one.
20190302_193746.jpg

20190302_195153.jpg

Secure them with a little CA glue and prime for paint!

The A-10 nacelles give it a little bit of a pod racer look! I like where you are going with this!
I was just thinking maybe you don't need wings at all?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back