My new scout blaster upgrade

hyperdyne

Sr Member
As a follow up to my E-11 upgrade, Ive been working on a scout pistol upgrade. Just got finished with the prototype.

I gutted the Kenner pistol and installed a new sound board, firing LED, and a rockin recoil motor. :D

I want to install a bigger speaker next. The current one is pretty loud but I want it to be as loud as my E-11 upgrade. :eek

I programmed in the normal pistol blaster sound as well as a secret DH17 mode you can fire when you hold down the black fire select button.

scout_blast1.jpg

scout_blast2.jpg

And here are a few movies of it in action (10Mb each):

Scout blaster movie #1
Scout blaster movie #2

I was able to get a single red LED in the barrel. It is about as bright as a red laser pointer, but also lights up a pretty large area in front of you.

Let me know what you think...

Do you think it would be possible to install this into a more accurate blaster than the Kenner? or will you be casting your own blasters, possibly with the proper side-button trigger, rather than the Kenner style trigger?

The Kenner pistol is larger than the original, so it is not super accurate. But it is a great start.

I am not planning on doing my own guns, I just modified this one for a friend. I am sure you could install the guts into a different pistol if it was hollowed out.

If there is some interest I may do a small run of sound modules.....

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back