My New Indiana Jones Raiders Display

artsee1

I just finished it up. I made this one totally generic just to experiment and sell. He is on ebay. I learned a lot and am moving on. It was a lot of fun. I know a few of you here have done the same types of things with this character so I thought I would share it. The mask is not my work but I did paint it. I made the gun of course but everything else is generic.

http://artsee1.com/pageslinked/current%20projects.html

Paul

Ya I made the background too. So many of the art skills and techniques I use daily work for many things. With each new project comes a chance to experiment. Thanks.

Paul

Nice work.

Like the others, I think the background really brings it to life. :thumbsup

Good luck with your auction. :)

Nice work - it would look even better with a Wested jacket, HJ or AB fedora and a few other upgrades to the Indy costume - but as a whole, the piece is immediately recognisable and makes for an impressive display.

Great work on the background too - it really sets the display off well.

I have all the real stuff too but want to see how this generic one sells first and then I will consider doing the accurate versions. So far it has a ton of watchers but everyone thinks they are gonna get it for a buck twenty five. I have been to Disney MGM numerous times and the Indy there has nothing correct either. Strange world. It is more about total look when it comes to the general populous.

Paul

I have wanted to make one and could too but the material and shipping costs and time verses the money earned on each one even when you got good at it and fast too, would not be worth it. Few would pay the fee it would need to be. I have done enough large projects to have a good feel for this. Many think the world is large and everyone has money but it is small and most don't and this prop hobby thing is a very select few. Meeting and talking with and selling to these select hobbiests for the last five years on the internet has painted that picture for me at least.

Paul

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back