My New Indiana Jones Airsoft S&W

WinstonWolf359

Sr Member
I've been on an Indy kick lately, and I've been frustrated at how there aren't any great alternatives to having an Indy revolver besides buying a real S&W Hand Ejector. There aren't any exact airsoft replicas made, and while there are some really nice resin replicas out there, they are solid castings without any moving parts and they weigh nowhere near what a real pistol would.

So, I decided to go the "close enough" airsoft route. This is an HFC gas-powered heavyweight .357 Smith and Wesson. It has a fair amount of metal on it so it has a good "heft" in the hand, and I was surprised that the stock finish wasn't too bad. Just not good enough for me. :lol

So, I repainted the entire gun with the Testors buffing metallizer "gunmetal" and sealed it with the metallizer sealer. Then I painted the whole gun again with Krylon BBQ black and buffed it until it had a nice semi-gloss appearance. Last, I rubbed the whole thing down with very fine steel wool which polished up the black very nicely and exposed some of the gunmetal underneath on the highlights and wear points.

It's somewhat subtle, so it's kinda hard to pick out in photos, but I think it gives a pretty convincing worn blued steel appearance. :)

So here's my Indy Airsoft with my Wal*Mart belt and Todd's basic holster...

G1.jpg

G2.jpg

G3.jpg

G4.jpg

G5.jpg

G6.jpg

G7.jpg

I've got the exact same belt and holster. :) I haven't decided what kind of gun to go with yet, but I like the one you picked up. :thumbsup

I've been on an Indy kick since November. Got my Wested for Christmas, and my next purchase will be the fedora. There are sooo many to choose from, but I'm leaning towards an AdventureBuilt. Once I get that and a IOAB whip, I'm done. (yeah, like we're ever really done in this hobby.) :lol

Originally posted by CeSquared+Mar 31 2006, 10:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CeSquared @ Mar 31 2006, 10:26 AM)</div>
Great paintjob. Is the gun still functional?
[snapback]1216834[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yes, works fine. :D

<!--QuoteBegin-Rocketeer25

I've got the exact same belt and holster.  I haven't decided what kind of gun to go with yet, but I like the one you picked up. 

I've been on an Indy kick since November. Got my Wested for Christmas, and my next purchase will be the fedora. There are sooo many to choose from, but I'm leaning towards an AdventureBuilt. Once I get that and a IOAB whip, I'm done. (yeah, like we're ever really done in this hobby.)

Lonnie, that's kinda funny, my last two items are the Wested and the IOAB whip, but I just got my hat a couple days ago. We're pretty much tied. :p I ordered an Akubra Federation and I'm really happy with it, but someday I'd love to have an Adventurebuilt also. I think that today that's THE hat to beat for Raiders accuracy. And you're 100% right about never really being done.

Here's my hat:

AK4.jpg

AK7.jpg

And some of the props and gear:

Props.jpg

BagDiaryRa.jpg

From your pic, it looks like we've got even more in common. :)

I've got Todd's bag and strap (weathered via his tutorial) and adjustable whip holder.

I've got the Cabella's shirt, but I went with the inexpensive Dillard's pants. They turned out great, and for $15 bucks, they can't be beat.

I also just bought the gloves from Amazon.com that some people were talking about. They are pretty close, but the trim is a dark brown (not what they show in the pics). If I had it to do over, I'd go with Todd's gloves.

:) :lol

Yeah, I have the Cabela's shirt, and the L.L. Bean pants, which are REALLY nice pants, just in general. I'm planning on picking up a couple different colors to wear at work.

I also have Todd's bag, but I've yet to go through his weathering plan yet. Mine is just washed (with a LOT of fabric softener) and sanded with 200 grit sandpaper.

Magnoli Grail Diary, Replicaprops metal Ra headpiece, and a resin idol I got as a gift and painted and weathered myself.

Nice bash on that fed - is is the standard or the deluxe? The block looks very good, straight sides and very little taper - nice. :thumbsup

I used to own a fed but sold it a while back in favour of an Optimo then an HJ , also (both) now sold...having seen an AB in person, I have to agree that it is the one for screen accuracy, it really is a top quality hat.

However - I've been contemplating ordering myself another fed instead of an AB. The Akubra Federation is great value for money and with the right block and bash, can look the business as your photos show.

Regards

Al

Doc-

In Raiders Indy carried a Smith and Wesson Hand Ejector 2 M1917 in either .455 or .45ACP (with half-moon clips). For more info check out indygear.com :)

Al-

Thanks for the kind words. It's a regular Federation. I've heard conflicting stories about the shape of the block depending on size. Most people say the bigger sizes have straighter sides, and my hat is a 59, almost a 60, so perhaps it IS the bigger ones that have less taper.

Either way I'm really impressed by the quality and customer service. I ordered my hat at 11:30pm on a Wednesday night and it was on my doorstep from Australia to North Carolina by Monday morning.

I did the bash by hand, no water or steam, in about half an hour.

Originally posted by DrStranglove@Mar 31 2006, 01:36 PM
What model of .357 is the correct gun?
[snapback]1216955[/snapback]​

I believe the real one is a .45, but his looks very close to it. Probably the closest youre gonna get without getting a real one(even if they were easy to find) for now

(necro post)

I just got this gun thanks to a link in yet another thread, and I do like it, but the charge of gas peters out at about 6 shots or less. Is this normal?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back