my new favourite piece...... vintage Graflex conversion

ArtistTheGeek

I've had this vintage Graflex for a month or two now (first time I'd ever held even a graflex shaped saber..... wanted one for so long, but just got the grips and D-ring the other week, and the bubbles turned up yesterday.... woohoo.. (does a happy dance)

with it being aged, it goes perfefctly with my MR Obi Wan weathered.... (my only 2 sabers... not including the fx's)

graflexANH1.jpg

graflexANH2.jpg

display1.jpg

display2.jpg

Congrats, man, and welcome to the club. It's a beauty. For my dime the ANH Gralfex is the holiest of holies.

Here's a tip, don't let it rest on the grips cause they'll start to drift after awhile. Put something under the clamp to prop it up. You could even use an upside down shot glass until securing something better.

Welcome to the party. It's almost embarassing how giddy I was when my first Graflex arrived in the mail. ;)

BTW:

Let me know if you want to swap the inaccurate knob to an accurate one.
I need one with short knrling for a stunt saber ;)

Markus

thanks guys..... and I agree, for me it was THE item I wanted the most. A replica would have done, but having a proper, old camera flash just makes it feel.... better, somehow, lol

Probe Droid: Thanks for the tip about the grips, I'll get it up on something later. I've got some sheets of perspex in my studio so I'm going to see if I can make some kind of stand out of that... save having to buy another MR case. (and I kind of like that it looks differenet to the MR anyway)

Treadwell: yeah... I was walkin' round the house full of excitement all day going "ooohhh look what I've got." to my gf.... (I'm 34 and shes 40...lol, you'd think i was 12 at the time)

OdiWan72: if it's a real one in decent condition? quite possibly... pm me or something :)

Dropshipbob: that's the 12" remote control dalek... came out last year was one of the big buy's... short supply everywhere... usual story. It looks fabulous though just as a replica. They've really copied it well. But it's SO much fun driving it round the house (it has 5 buttons on the remote that activate 8 phrases.... lights flash when it talks.. the whole deal) ... chasing after the cats "you WILL obey the Daleks. Obey.. OBEY..." lol :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadwell @ Apr 20 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]1229693[/snapback]</div>
Welcome to the party. It's almost embarassing how giddy I was when my first Graflex arrived in the mail. ;)
[/b]

Ditto.

I blame Graflex and Wampa for sucking me into this god forsaken hobby. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Funky Jedi @ Apr 21 2006, 01:01 AM) [snapback]1230076[/snapback]</div>
Nice tube, but where did you get that Enterprise??? More info, please.
[/b]

That's the Art Asylum Enterprise, with lights and sound. They also did an NX-01 and just released a 1701-E. Sat on a shelf like that it looks really good for the money, and straight out of the box too. (all i did was pencil in the windows to make them dark)

I'll take a few more pics if you want them still.

Welcome to the club.

My Graflex Luke ANH is still the pride and joy of my collection. It's really where it all started for me.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back