My new Fanfilm begins...

No, I don't use perma wet. Only "Not possible to stick pred blood to the suit" :) :mad:

Ho, speaking of skins...

A little preview of the second skin...

ScreenShot007-1.jpg

You see that the waist is a bit narrow, don't let your sleep over it. It stretches out for about a 50% more.

It was hard to make it a different paint pattern so I went more rough on this one, so it would look like the other one but again not.

I just have to go over the vains with a light fawn tan so they are a bit hidden under the skin, a testfit and done.

Unless it must be sealed with perma wet... heu "Not possible to stick pred blood to the suit"

Damn Dakatah you make some nice skins lol.

ScreenShot007-1.jpg

So I've heard :)

But still, for myself my work is never good enough.

Here's the other caracter his skin, hope you like it Tim ;-)

ScreenShot009.jpg

ScreenShot009.jpg

So I've heard :)

But still, for myself my work is never good enough.

Here's the other caracter his skin, hope you like it Tim ;-)

ScreenShot009.jpg

Looks great! Different yet similar :mad:
Cant wait to test it out!
And yes Davids skins are awesome! Really move like the real thing.

ScreenShot009.jpg

Looks like its shaping up nicely, to make the pred blood stick try mixing it with ky jelly, that should work, it'll wipe offwith paper towels, and as its water based won't harm the suit (as long as you clean it off when your'e done)

Looks like its shaping up nicely, to make the pred blood stick try mixing it with ky jelly, that should work, it'll wipe offwith paper towels, and as its water based won't harm the suit (as long as you clean it off when your'e done)

We did try using KY to thicken it up but i think our props bloke bought an inferior brand! It just sat in the middle of the bowl and the fluorescant liquid went around it no matter how much we whisked!
I'm going to try out some more techniques but we shouldn't need a huge ammount for the rest of this film.
Thanks for the advice anyway :)

whats the youtube name so i can sub

Tricky one this. If you check out AVP newblood on youtube theres a two trailers that are both on under two names. The ones which have the most hits are on our cameraman's personal account, but the other was the company name of the Acting school i work with and thats linked to the website. I think i'm going to put this new film out in a totally new account as i'm taking over the film side of the school when the current headteacher retires and the whole name/idea/website is changing. We'll have lots of stuff going out under the new name including a spoof lord of the rings story and many more Pred movies now i'm in control!
I'll keep you all posted on this film as we get closer to completion and let you know the new account name asap.
These are really 'no-budget' films so we do the best we can with what we have, but this means that once the suits and stories are there its just a matter of filming and editing them. Not that that is a walk in the park! I hope to get at least two 10 minute short pred films completed this year and have an idea for a feature length that will probably start early 2010.
Tim

And the feet for the new suit are also ready.

I'll even re-new the thread in the buy and sell section about this item.

Tim, when you are in Hollywood don't forget who made the suits for this project! A few weeks on your penthouse with a few of grandpa Hefner his bunny would to me great! :mad:

ScreenShot011.jpg

ScreenShot016-1.jpg

ScreenShot011.jpg

ScreenShot016-1.jpg

And the feet for the new suit are also ready.

I'll even re-new the thread in the buy and sell section about this item.

Tim, when you are in Hollywood don't forget who made the suits for this project! A few weeks on your penthouse with a few of grandpa Hefner his bunny would to me great! :mad:

ScreenShot011.jpg

ScreenShot016-1.jpg

:mad: I'll have some sent over in a crate!
Feet look fantastic David!

ScreenShot011.jpg

ScreenShot016-1.jpg

Little update on this as real life has taken over for a while!
Should be getting back on track in the next couple of weeks.
Here's my finished 'Lead Pred' undermask with the awesome Bio by Casey. This was my 1st paint-up too...
PICT0056.JPG

PICT0060.JPG

PICT0063.JPG

PICT0083.JPG

PICT0088.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The costume looks great so far! Really looking forward to seeing this completed. May I ask if you are having any special effects in this movie (color correcting, plasma blast, ect.)?

The costume looks great so far! Really looking forward to seeing this completed. May I ask if you are having any special effects in this movie (color correcting, plasma blast, ect.)?

Thanks for the comments :mad:
As for the effects we're going to try to do most stuff as practically as possible. But the blasts etc will be cg. I always colour correct too though it'll be out on youtube 1st so may not look like it!
The invisibilty will be a green screen shoot then that footage with distortion effect over empty location plates and pre shot interraction scenes with other characters.

Tim that's awesome bro! Great paint-up on the bio and undermask! Now get back to filming :mad:

Can't take credit for the bio paint up! That's all Casey!
But thanks mate. Obviously i didn't spend alot of time on the parts that you wont see and with the magnets in place there will be less 'cheek' areas on show so won't look quite so pasty!
Here are some more stills with the Pred ship interior light effect test. Going for that P2 look.

PICT0054.JPG

PICT0075.JPG

PICT0087.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Should've known it was Caseys. Cant wait for mine Lighting effect looks deadly mate, I'm using the same to photograph my Lost Hunters when they're finished :mad: Cant wait to see you suited up

Should've known it was Caseys. Cant wait for mine Lighting effect looks deadly mate, I'm using the same to photograph my Lost Hunters when they're finished :mad: Cant wait to see you suited up

Same here!
Casey's sculpt is so good it works on anything doesn't it? And under any lighting condition!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back