My new Fanfilm begins...

TDJC

Hey everyone.
Some of you may remember i did an AVP fanfilm last year and we put two trailers out on youtube... but i ran into some problems getting the whole film out as one of our actors no longer wanted their image associated with the project due to a change of job. Still trying to sort that out...
But in the meantime work has begun on a Pred only Fan movie entitled Predator: Vengeance.
This will be around 10 minutes long and have no human characters (mainly to avoid the same problem happening!).
These stills are taken from the opening scene that we shot last week. I'm not in the suit for this scene, but will be playing the 'hero' pred who has a Wolf design. This pred has a collection of lair artists to thank for his look, Dakath for skin, Mannowar for hands, Snyder dreads etc. However i'm not sure who did the Bio. I got it on ebay last year. Anyone recognise it?
Hope you all like the look of things so far and i'll post more pics as they come.
Predator_Vengeance_7.jpg

Predator_Vengeance_3.jpg

Predator_Vengeance_4.jpg

Predator_Vengeance_6.jpg

Predator_Vengeance_2.jpg

Predator_Vengeance_10.jpg

Predator_Vengeance_14.jpg

Predator_Vengeance_13.jpg

This is the enemy we've created for the film... he'll undergo a few changes and a couple of re-shoots before he's ready though.
Predator_Vengeance_16.jpg

Thanks for looking
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
looks good so far :p

the bio is a DB Billiken :)

Excellent! Thanks for that. Have a feeling it might be a recast as its really thin but it had an undermask with it and to be honest i was a noob when i got it so didn't really know how to spot the bad ones...

Since I'm a little involved in this project by providing skins and armor parts I must say this is could be a project that people still talk about in the future.

I've only seen those pics but the passion (if I may say this) these guy's put in to it, is amazing.

They ask for comments on idears and they keep it in mind what other people think.

So I'm looking forward to the result of it and I have a good feeling about this.

Tim, Phil... thumbs up for this one, you guy's are doing great!!! :)

Looks good. :)
Care to share the plot?

Kotten

Basic plot is that something has started hunting Preds. A disgraced veteran hunter is sent after this new enemy. Cat and mouse games ensue...
Tried to avoid a 'redemtion' feel to the story, as i dont want to step on the toes of AVP:Redemtion, but the lead Pred needed a bit of a backstory. He isn't redeemed in the film, just gets back o the horse. I'm also trying to steer around the idea that the Preds are 'heroes'. Its just you're on the side of one of the evil Aliens instead of the other!
That way you can still have your main Pred do some nasty stuff.
He'll have a real wolf look with Usurper Head, Casey Bio, Mannowar armour etc but he's definitely become his own character. Only one shoulder gun, no whip, preferance for hand axes. When my girlfriend saw the Bio for the first time she said it looked like the Caiman Crocs she saw in Peru, all knarled and cracked, so that name kind of stuck. And i'm alot shorter than KPH or Ian Whyte so being likened to the smaller of the crocodillia isn't too far off... though she saw some pretty big Caiman on the Amazon. Ok forget that idea, but the nametag is there!
The Pred in the Pics got the nickname 'Copper' due to the colour. :p
Tim

Since I'm a little involved in this project by providing skins and armor parts I must say this is could be a project that people still talk about in the future.

I've only seen those pics but the passion (if I may say this) these guy's put in to it, is amazing.

They ask for comments on idears and they keep it in mind what other people think.

So I'm looking forward to the result of it and I have a good feeling about this.

Tim, Phil... thumbs up for this one, you guy's are doing great!!! :p

:)
Without getting all gushy, Couldn't have done it without you David! Or all the other people who have helped me out. Lee, Scott, Ryan, Bryan to name a few!
:p
Hope you all like the final result. Bear with me as i'm taking my time to do it as well as i can.
Tim

Good luck with this bud, although i hope like me, you believe in making your own luck.

Cant wait to see some more shots of the different preds, this place is about creativity, and doing a fan film, is the ultimate creation i guess, so more power to you :)

If you think i can help with anything just gimme a shout.

Good luck with this bud, although i hope like me, you believe in making your own luck.

Cant wait to see some more shots of the different preds, this place is about creativity, and doing a fan film, is the ultimate creation i guess, so more power to you :)

If you think i can help with anything just gimme a shout.

Thanks Mate. I'll definitely be in touch! I have three other stories planned after this one and would like to get more Lair members involved, but I'll wait til this one's out before i start asking people!
I'm holding off on painting the Wolf head til my new skin arrives from Dakath so will do a step by step WIP. Any tips will be greatly appreciated- especially from you Lee! :mad:
Tim

Im thinking of pouring up another wolf to paint for the hell of it, if it helps ill take photos for you along the way, thats if you are sticking to wolf stylee paint up.

just let me know :)

Im thinking of pouring up another wolf to paint for the hell of it, if it helps ill take photos for you along the way, thats if you are sticking to wolf stylee paint up.

just let me know :)

Definitely! I quite like the wolf colouring. I know he's a bit bland but when i started looking at the different colours of the various movie preds he kind of stood out. Think its the darkness of his skin and the ridges on the head. Then the fading to that sickly yellowy whiteness of his face. I'm also hoping to slime him up a little so he catches the light nicely on location so any tips on lube or sprays that wont harm the paintjob would be grand! I'm sealing with liquitex as advised!
Maybe just a little water spray...

Not sure about sliming im up, thats you film peoples territory :mad: there must be something out there that will not harm the paint up.

As i see it , Wolf is a pretty simple paint up compared to the P1 and P2, as with most things on AVP/AVP-R they did them quick and bland. :)

Not sure about sliming im up, thats you film peoples territory :mad: there must be something out there that will not harm the paint up.

As i see it , Wolf is a pretty simple paint up compared to the P1 and P2, as with most things on AVP/AVP-R they did them quick and bland. :)

Yeah. Dakath is in charge of my skin and he already did a more detailed job on the one in the pics above than they did on Wolf, but i think its the overall dark feel i like. Of course i'm not playing the Wolf just his shorter cousin who looks the same and had a similar injury to the face! So i could maybe alter him slightly once the basic wolf look is there...
As for sliming i want to just give him a wetter look. I think Dakath used Perma-wet for the skin and we had a lot of trouble getting the green blood to stay on it! In the end we just bloodied up the armour and cloth a little more which gave the impression he was still bleeding from various wounds. Maybe the liquitex will do the job. Your head will be seen in the ship interior and at the end in a dark pine wood for the final fight so i'm not up against full sunlight.

No, I don't use perma wet. Only "Not possible to stick pred blood to the suit" :) :mad:

Ho, speaking of skins...

A little preview of the second skin...

ScreenShot007-1.jpg

You see that the waist is a bit narrow, don't let your sleep over it. It stretches out for about a 50% more.

It was hard to make it a different paint pattern so I went more rough on this one, so it would look like the other one but again not.

I just have to go over the vains with a light fawn tan so they are a bit hidden under the skin, a testfit and done.

Unless it must be sealed with perma wet... heu "Not possible to stick pred blood to the suit"

ScreenShot007-1.jpg

No, I don't use perma wet. Only "Not possible to stick pred blood to the suit" :) :mad:

Ho, speaking of skins...

A little preview of the second skin...

ScreenShot007-1.jpg

You see that the waist is a bit narrow, don't let your sleep over it. It stretches out for about a 50% more.

It was hard to make it a different paint pattern so I went more rough on this one, so it would look like the other one but again not.

I just have to go over the vains with a light fawn tan so they are a bit hidden under the skin, a testfit and done.

Unless it must be sealed with perma wet... heu "Not possible to stick pred blood to the suit"

Awesome work David! :) :eek: To be honest i wasn't too bothered that the blood slid off - if it had stuck there permanantly i might have had some problems. We chucked alot of blood at that pred...

ScreenShot007-1.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back