My new custom saber wall racks

darthleester

Recently my black plastic Rebelscum saber rack suffered an unfortunate accident and broke. I was contemplating buying another rack to replace it, but I have been unhappy with how brittle the plastic racks are. So I decided to build my own.

I built the racks to hold 10 sabers each, with one on each wall. I built a third rack for a friend. Racks were painted black with red velvet in each hole. Check out the pics below, and let me know what you think.

Lee

DSC00816.JPG

DSC00817.JPG

DSC00828.JPG

DSC00829.JPG

DSC00830.JPG

DSC00831.JPG

And check out my custom Pulse Rifle Rack for my Icons stunt rifle.

DSC00824.JPG

DSC00819.JPG

ATT00010.jpg

Those look really good, darthleester. If you don't mind me asking, what material did you use? It looks like painted wood, but I'm having a hard time making it out. If it is wood, what kind did you use?

Also, how did you end up mounting them to the wall?

All in all, though, great job and thanks for posting the pics.

All the racks were made from wood. Just cheap home depot 2X4's. Cut the holes, screwed it all together, sanded, disassembled everything, painted and clear coated it. Then glued the felt to the bottom board and let dry, reassembled, and bolted to studs in wall.

The rifle rack was made with 3/4" wide piece of wood. I made the brackets, mounted one on, set in rifle, and used a level on top of rifle to level it to top of rack. When I was happy, I mounted the other bracket. I used a dremel tool to scribe out M41A, and painted the rack green. Then masking taped around M41A, painted that part black, let dry, took off the tape, and done. Found the studs in the wall, and bolted 4 screws into the studs. Screws are under the rifle, so you don't see them till you take it off.

These 2 projects were a lot of fun. Next up is a rack for my full Maul FX when I get it.

Lee

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back