My new custom saber wall racks

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by darthleester, Mar 26, 2006.

1. darthleester

darthleester New Member

Recently my black plastic Rebelscum saber rack suffered an unfortunate accident and broke. I was contemplating buying another rack to replace it, but I have been unhappy with how brittle the plastic racks are. So I decided to build my own.

I built the racks to hold 10 sabers each, with one on each wall. I built a third rack for a friend. Racks were painted black with red velvet in each hole. Check out the pics below, and let me know what you think.

Lee

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And check out my custom Pulse Rifle Rack for my Icons stunt rifle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rabittooth

Rabittooth Well-Known Member

Pics no workie 4 me. :(

-Rabittooth

3. ihs

ihs Well-Known Member

Those look really good, darthleester. If you don't mind me asking, what material did you use? It looks like painted wood, but I'm having a hard time making it out. If it is wood, what kind did you use?

Also, how did you end up mounting them to the wall?

All in all, though, great job and thanks for posting the pics.

4. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Neat. Jedi pool cue racks. lol

5. rad1701

rad1701 Sr Member

Very nice and room to grow.

6. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Okay, give it up...how did you make your PR rack? :D

7. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Nice job. Love the bed ensemble... :)

8. darthleester

darthleester New Member

All the racks were made from wood. Just cheap home depot 2X4's. Cut the holes, screwed it all together, sanded, disassembled everything, painted and clear coated it. Then glued the felt to the bottom board and let dry, reassembled, and bolted to studs in wall.

The rifle rack was made with 3/4" wide piece of wood. I made the brackets, mounted one on, set in rifle, and used a level on top of rifle to level it to top of rack. When I was happy, I mounted the other bracket. I used a dremel tool to scribe out M41A, and painted the rack green. Then masking taped around M41A, painted that part black, let dry, took off the tape, and done. Found the studs in the wall, and bolted 4 screws into the studs. Screws are under the rifle, so you don't see them till you take it off.

These 2 projects were a lot of fun. Next up is a rack for my full Maul FX when I get it.

Lee

9. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

Looks like a mean game of Jedi 8 Ball.

Nice work :)