My NEW Battlemech Project...updated 07/03/04 pics

Darth Infamous

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For those who are familiar with battlemechs is the Clan Mech THOR. Im using balsa and it is working very well. Once the balsa is sanded and refined for detail I plate it with styrene and then I will kitbash it. Here is some pics. Hope you enjoy.
Starting to add some small pieces. Next will be the attachment of the upper body to the lower half and have rotation. The knees and feet are up next. It is in a rough stage. Once I plate everything I will putty in all the seams and cracks. So it is a little messy looking at this point. It will stand about 2 1/2 feet tall when finished.

2494416-lg.jpg

2494415-lg.jpg

2494417-md.jpg

2494419-sm.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Carl

*Weee update! 9/30
Scored a full set of blueprints over on one of the mech boards, dude sent them for free!!! yowzers
icon_smile.gif

Got the cockpit, & it's pretty much assembled... At $31, it one of the more expensive models I've bought simply to bash...
icon_wink.gif

I've been making mech related adjustments as I go... Made a rather large boo-boo in the scale though, it's not 1/6, it's 1/12... Not a big deal, I just had to downscale the action figure... I'll still end up with a 4 to 6 foot tall mecha...
I rebuilt a 6" spidey, using the wrestler spidey head, arms & feet, & the more flexible classic torso & legs... Built up as custom mecha control helmet as well, along with the body armor componants...
The fun part now is deciding what much to build up around it... I've been hitting alot of the meck sites, & there are just wayyy to many options! I'm thinking of going for one of the larger, more powerful newer mech designs... I like the bulkier look, vs the thin leg/arm designs of most of the earlier mechs...
I'll post up some pics in a bit...
icon_smile.gif

---------------------------------------------------

I've got a similar project slated for this winter... A 1/6th scale mech, buit up around a GI-Joe scale figure... I found an incredible F16 fully detailed cockpit kit in 1/6 scale, so it & the figure is the starting point, then it's build build build...
icon_wink.gif
Remote controlled features would be cool, but at this stage, just a dream....
icon_smile.gif

I'm still working on what mech I want to build as well... Scale will count for alot, but I've always preferred the battlemaster/warhammer/ 'huminoid' style mechs...
icon_smile.gif

Is there a decent online source for the Blueprints??? I use to have a series of full size blueprint posters, but they have been gone for years...
icon_frown.gif

Wolf

Hi Wolf,
A 1/6th scale mech sounds to be a monster. The battlemaster would be a killer mech to build....one of the banned mechs.You can find the old Omnimech blueprints online at Amazon.com. Some are still kicking around. My next mech will be the madcat. That is going to be a challenge in the leg area. Im going to have a lit cockpit in both mechs though. When you get started wolf defintely post some progress shots. Ive got some small pics of the blueprints if you wnat them emailed to you. Both side view and front.

Carl

Speaking of Blueprints, have any of you founf any decent ones online? I'm amazed by how little there is available... I use to have all the posters & data books, but they've been gone for years...

I have webspace I'm willing to donate as a mecha design archive, if we can pool or sources... The old omni & fasa bluprint posters are getting rare, & fairly expensive... Anyone willing top scan & upload what they have???
I'm running daily searches for info & electronics / mechanical tech that associates to this type of project...
icon_smile.gif

Here's an awesome project a couple guys did for thier kids...
icon_wink.gif

http://www.mektek.net/article.php?sid=1276
http://www.mektek.net/article.php?sid=1269
http://www.mektek.net/article.php?sid=1257

Wolf

Hey Wolf, glad you got some blueprints. Love to see some pictures of your mech in progress. What particular mech will you be building? Ive finally connected the upper to the lower part of my Thor. Next is the feet and knees and finding a way to make it articulate.

Carl

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back