"My Name is Earl" list

dr_slurpee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This may sound like a crazy idea, but I think it'd be a fun prop to have. It was actually my girlfriend that put it into my head. While we were watching the show tonight (had to tape it cause we were both busy the night it was on) she turned to me and said in a mocking (more joking than mocking), "Has anyone made Earl's list as a prop?"

So, has anyone thought of it? I realize it'd probably be hard, if not impossible to really do, but I had to ask, perhaps someone here knows someone that knows someone. ;)

Originally posted by dr_slurpee@Feb 12 2006, 01:05 AM
This may sound like a crazy idea, but I think it'd be a fun prop to have. It was actually my girlfriend that put it into my head. While we were watching the show tonight (had to tape it cause we were both busy the night it was on) she turned to me and said in a mocking (more joking than mocking), "Has anyone made Earl's list as a prop?"

So, has anyone thought of it? I realize it'd probably be hard, if not impossible to really do, but I had to ask, perhaps someone here knows someone that knows someone. ;)
[snapback]1182205[/snapback]​
That's one of my favorite shows on TV. IMO, the karma list would be hard to do, unless you were just making an idealized version of it. They don't show too many close-ups of it, plus he keeps adding items to it.

At least the parts for the prop are easy to find... :p

Heh heh, yes some yellow paper and a pen should be easy enough to find.

I think if it was on DVD you could at least get some decent captures of certain parts of the list which would at least give an idea of what it "should" look like. I think in some of the first episodes they had some ok shots of the list, or at least some of the items on the list.

Finding out what some of the items on the list are won't really be any big trick. There is a partial list (not visually screen accurate) on the official website. The "actual list" has 200-something-something items on it, but the website at least gives you a good start. At any rate, the DVDs would most definitely provide some decent shots of it.

Looks like you and I are the only ones interested eh Nexus?

I seem to remember a shot of the list at some point in one of the episodes that showed a lot of one side of the paper...without DVD or at least it on tape that doesn't help much I suppose. That list on the site is helpful, gives at least something to put on the list if making one, even if not "screen accurate".

you can just add one to the list for each episode..after about 240 something episodes you'll be done.. thats just 5-8 years.. :)

Originally posted by dr_slurpee@Feb 12 2006, 12:42 PM
Looks like you and I are the only ones interested eh Nexus?

I seem to remember a shot of the list at some point in one of the episodes that showed a lot of one side of the paper...without DVD or at least it on tape that doesn't help much I suppose. That list on the site is helpful, gives at least something to put on the list if making one, even if not "screen accurate".
[snapback]1182445[/snapback]​
I have all 16 episodes recorded on HD DVR. This week I'll try & look through them to see if I can get any good caps. :thumbsup

such a simple prop i never even thought of it :lol

the list on the site has alot of the ones hes mentioned on the show, some he hasnt, so maybe those are ideas for episodes not aired or filmed yet?

at least its a start, but i dont think we can have anything accurate till the shows done, as the list will be changing as story ideas get written, most shows dont write 5-6 years in advance,

My girlfriend and I joked about a prop "List". Shouldn't be too hard to do... and some episodes have had some nice shots of how some of the items on the list are placed.

Berry

Originally posted by trekkieb47@Feb 12 2006, 07:35 PM
My girlfriend and I joked about a prop "List". Shouldn't be too hard to do... and some episodes have had some nice shots of how some of the items on the list are placed.

Berry
[snapback]1182562[/snapback]​

I also read an interview with the creators that said that the list was going to change from episode to episode, but they decided against that. He went on to say the the list you see in the show is the same, you just see different pieces of it on screen.

LOVE the show.

It was somethig I thought was just going to be stoopid (Note the use of TWO "O"s), but it ended up being a sweet, funny, smart show.

Oh, and I have the ULTIMATE Screen Used Prop from the show right in my livingroom.

BabyEarl3.jpg

My son played Baby Earl in the "Cost Dad The Election" episode, and got to pee on Beau Bridges.

Heh heh.

Steve

Mr Fusion that is AWESOME...

I've thought about the list. I was just gonna print the one on the website, but a more accurate one would be great.

Originally posted by misterfusion@Feb 13 2006, 12:01 AM
Oh, and I have the ULTIMATE Screen Used Prop from the show right in my livingroom.
[snapback]1183004[/snapback]​

I am assuming you're not going to offer resin casts of it for fear of recasting? ;)

Yeah I know it was a lame joke but I had to...

If you think I'm gonna let any of you near my one-of-a-kind prop with any Alginate or silicone you're NUTZ.

That's all I need is a few dozen Baby Earls showing up on eBay. :p

Steve

Thats a superb program

I doubt there's actually a "finished" list since the writers will probably be tossing ideas around for a few seasons yet

Maybe we could ask Howard to have a go at a sculpt of Earl's wife.

btw-anyone know where I can get a Crab man wig from?

Cheers

Jez

I had thought about this, and in the credits there's a closeup where you can read some of the items. I've noticed that some of the ones that you can read in the credit sequence have been done as episodes, so there's some conituity there. Oddly enough the text was right, but the number was wrong. <shrug.>

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back