My Mr I build

Test fit. Need to trim off some length on the arms and legs. I really need a zipper in the back, as the suit wont stay closed with the existing weak velcro.

51039639640b5135b4d5z.jpg.png

More painting to come. Stay tuned.

Robert sent me this just a moment ago. One step closer. Its close to crunch time now! I'm so stoked to get the suit together. Test fitting and first outing is friday. I took the whole week off to prepare.

LMK whhat you think (its by no means finished though)
I like how the fondant mold really gave it some scaley texture. Rob is such a great painter, I can't wait to see what comes next.

5121934350998b21fc9co.jpg.png

A couple more. brokentusk23 , you are the man!!!!

5122404930afe50c3d59b.jpg.png

51218035078144239587b.jpg.png

I think it is looking great. I'm so pleased everything seems to be coming together quite nicely

Many thanks to Robert Fordham aka brokentusk23

Just got back from being in the suit while it was being painted. She's all done for now. On to attaching the netting and armour.

512505260281b060c883b.jpg.png

5124448041d38e205e2ab.jpg.png

Thanks doode. The armour is almost finished. Its Dakath Xenomorph Armour, and I figure I'm the only one on the lair sporting it. Will keep you guys posted. Tomorrow is the first outing of 3 this weekend.

Here's a side by side to get perspective on what a change it really is.

I couldn't have done it without the help of my good friend Robert Fordham (Brokentusk23)

You are the MAN!!!

skinupdatecrunchtime1.jpg.png

Almost done.

Armour, netting, and some other details added. still cannibalizing the rubies armour I got back in the day. I think this is my best suit to date.

sorry about the crummy positionging of the suit on that I beam. Its the only place I could hang it.

5126371492c704c26507b.jpg.png

51257623617e655fb18bb.jpg.png

What a great first suit. I'm just starting my first Mr. I suit and will be following you lead. Great work. I hope mine turns out that well. Nice work, wear it with pride and represent the Lair well.

Great work so far! The skin came out very well. What process did you go through to get the paint to stick to the latex skin? Also where did you pick up those skulls? Definitely looking forward to seeing the finished product.

it is finished for now. the skulls came from the dollar store, and the paint peeled/rubbed off throughout the night. we will try with prosaide for the next outing.

That is one Bad a$$ suit! Great job converting it. The more I see these Mr. I suits the more I want to try it. though I already have a suit. my sons want one now too, so I think Im a try my luck and start now for next yrs. Halloween and conventions!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back