"My mother? Let me tell you about my mother..."

Prop Runner

Sr Member
982BLR_Brion_James_002.jpg

POO-ZEEEOW...[/b]

So I figured $45, what the hell, I'll probably be outbid, and it's not mint anyway...

But thanks to "RPF courtesy" and a little luck, nobody outbid me and this beauty came home today to Papa:

IMG_2218s.JPG

IMG_2220s.JPG

IMG_2222s.JPG

Aim...

IMG_2226s.JPG

FIRE... through the hollow 357 bullets:

IMG_2227s.JPG

and with the bullets removed:

IMG_2228s.JPG

Compare to a real COP .357, the back-up gun Rich's "Mother's Defender" is molded off:

COPs.JPG

I absolutely love the LED effect and the paint job is great - no details are lost. About as nice as a working resin pistol with lights can get. :D :thumbsup

seal_1.gif

:)

- Gabe

Hey Prop Runner, could you give us the W5 on this nice little piece??

Looks to be the EXACT same one used on the NEW BSG. The one that Sharon #1156844952154 (or was it #3??) used to shoot Ritchard Hatch's henchman with on Kobal?? There are a couple of really nice close-ups. I'll have to take another look.

If it's not clear from the ended auction I posted, Rich wasn't the seller - I got this second hand, so no use bugging the seller. :p

Originally posted by Johnnycrash@Feb 28 2006, 02:02 PM
I can't find any props there, just ezines. What did I miss??
[snapback]1195855[/snapback]​
It's not a retail site. Rich posts here regularly and sells these and tricked-out resin replicas of other famous sci-fi weapons through e-bay and on commission. He's currently got an interest thread in the Junkyard for a Firefly Jayne's pistol (can't post the link, but should be easy to find). Contact Rich for more info. Hopefully he'll chime in here too. :)

I also found this site that describes how a real COP .357 was molded, but it seems to be an old site and they're not taking orders:

http://www.kenneyscustomprops.com/instructions.htm

- Gabe

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back