My Mask Sculpt WIP - face ripped to shreds

YautjaSlayer

ok, so i have just started the sculpt and this is my progres of about a total of 7 or 8 hours. before i start having the face torn up i got the basic sculpt done first.
here are some pics,

REMEMBER THIS IS JUST A WORK IN PROGRESS TEST SCULPT!

i am using green clay for a few parts just to create contrast on the sculpt. dont ask me why i did this i just felt like it so it would be easyer to see in the pictures.

008.jpg

006-2.jpg

there are some inverted pics so you can see the detail better.

006-2-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

007-1-1.jpg

005-3.jpg

005-3-1.jpg

tell me how i am doing so far! (i know it looks like crap right now but thats not what i want to hear. i dont do much sculpting and have never attempted a pred.)

YautjaSlayer

008.jpg

006-2.jpg

006-2-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

007-1-1.jpg

005-3.jpg

005-3-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
come on at least tell me it looks bad! i have no comments on this at all! should i just scrap it? i am considering just quiting and working on other stuff. should i keep working or not?

I'm sorry brother i'm just learning right now and reading up on how to make masks,
so I can not tell you one way are the other. Just my 2 cents, it looks good so far
maybe just keep working on it???

You're doing a hell of a lot better than I could! All I can do is paint, and I can't even do that very well, lol. Keep at it!

Nah. I wouldn't scrap it but I wouldn't spend a lot more time on it. As it's a test in progress just have some fun and go wild with it and see where it takes you. As you're not trying to faithfully re-create a replica of anything, it can look any way you want it. Believe me that's way more fun than replica building.
You'll also be amazed how much better it will all look if you decide to take it through to the painting stage.

most sculpts look like that after only 7-8 hours put in. your doing fine so far. keep working on your general shape . The key is KEEP GOING. work the whole sculpt when roughing in your shape.When things dont go right....walk away and come back to it later. sculpts take time!!! lots of time!!! you just have to keep at it.

The sculpt isn't crap especially for 8 hours work.
If you want to take it further try adding some more texture to the crown ands mandible area. If you were to take it all the way to a mask with dreds, I would add more dred holes on the back of the head. I'd also make them a bit bigger in diameter too. It's difficult to advise as the photos suffer from flash burnout and it's hard to see how much detail you've already added, especially round the mouth area.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back