Probably Iconic

I am about to start the process of building my very own Mandalorian armor. This is going to be a mishmash and not anything near the Mandalorian Mercs level of authenticity or specificity, but that doesn't bother me. This is my first build on the RPF and my second full costume, and I wanted to document it here. I plan to use mostly 3d printing and maybe some foam. I am taking my main cues from The Mandalorian with some notable exceptions:
- Some of the armor will probably be different since I have some really great Boba files from Geoffro.
- I already have some blue fabric I like and like the color, so I decided to shift the color palette to make mine unique.
Here is a picture of my vision for the look. I am new to a lot of this, so if you have any insights, they are more than welcome.
HP0439-7.png

Going to do something similar too. Except it'll be the other way around, mostly foam armour with some 3D printing on things like accessories and weapons. XCoser will put out a Mandalorian suit. Will buy from that to build as a base.

Going to do something similar too. Except it'll be the other way around, mostly foam armour with some 3D printing on things like accessories and weapons. XCoser will put out a Mandalorian suit. Will buy from that to build as a base.

I didn't know XCoser was doing one! I may use that as a base myself depending on how things pan out. I had a fever today but plan to start 3d printing the helmet as soon as I'm running on all cylinders. Also, I found some decent accessory files on Thingiverse and some good gun files if you are interested

I didn't know XCoser was doing one! I may use that as a base myself depending on how things pan out. I had a fever today but plan to start 3d printing the helmet as soon as I'm running on all cylinders. Also, I found some decent accessory files on Thingiverse and some good gun files if you are interested
That's awesome! Will be looking into those! Yeah, XCoser is putting out pre-orders for the Mandalorian suit. Just going to wait on pictures of the actual product before I make a decision. There's options for the whole costume as well as soft parts. They will also make a mass produced resin cast/plastic helmet too. Though I see myself saving costs and using my skills to make a good chunk of the cosplay anyway.

Started 3d printing the helmet today. I'm using a Creality Ender 3 PRO so the print bed is a little limiting. I decided to go ahead and link some of the files I plan on using.

Helmet: It isn't the most accurate available, but it's free and broken into pieces in a way that makes sense.

Rifle: So awesome

Pistol:

Doo-Dads:

If anyone knows of better files available for these or any other parts of the costume I am all ears.

Great - thanks for collating those links, I also started printing the helmet yesterday afternoon

I think what I like about this (Disney+) Mandalorian costume design is it feels quite mismatched as it is, so it seems nicely accessible to me, if i get the colours wrong it won't matter to me so much. I think Boba Fett has to be fairly spot on with appearances, he's got quite bold iconic colours - this feels rustic almost, earthy y'know!

PS - p%ssed off i've gotta wait, legally, til next year to see it as i'm in the UK..

Great - thanks for collating those links, I also started printing the helmet yesterday afternoon

I think what I like about this (Disney+) Mandalorian costume design is it feels quite mismatched as it is, so it seems nicely accessible to me, if i get the colours wrong it won't matter to me so much. I think Boba Fett has to be fairly spot on with appearances, he's got quite bold iconic colours - this feels rustic almost, earthy y'know!

PS - p%ssed off i've gotta wait, legally, til next year to see it as i'm in the UK..

Sorry for your wait. You may be able to use a VPN to see it early, but I don't know much there. I agree with your assessment. The mismatched costume is perfect for experimenting, due to the cobbled-together nature of it.

the only thing stopping me from putting too much stock in the mando project is that it seems he'll have much cooler armor once its all beskar. dope mockup tho. cant wait to see progress

Thank you! While I do think the Beskar armor will probably (read pretty much definitely) be cooler, the mismatched look of the current version gives me a larger margin of error. And besides, no one says I can't upgrade as I go ;)

Thank you! While I do think the Beskar armor will probably (read pretty much definitely) be cooler, the mismatched look of the current version gives me a larger margin of error. And besides, no one says I can't upgrade as I go ;)

that's true! and you can bring your "extra" pieces with you, and if there's a convention emergency with a piece you can just swap it out and not have to worry about it

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back