My Magnoli Clothiers Indiana Jones British Mark VII Satchel

Evildead2fan

By far one of the best prop replicas I've seen of this satchel. Magnoli Clothiers has done a fantastic job recreating this bag. The first time I got this bag I was amazed at the size, I had for a long time assumed the Mark VII to be slightly smaller then it is in person, I'm also very amazed at the inside pockets and just how much one can fit in the Satchel it self, I can recall once getting the bag strap all set up then filling it with as much as one could to test it out saying to myself "Wow this bag is awesome. I can see why Indy uses it."

Now something I do have to point out, the bag while being an excellent build is a bit off in the color. Indy's bag through the first three films is the standard O.D. (Olive Drab) Green # 3, as was common place for the English Army in World War 2. How ever this bag has more of a faded Khaki color to it, so in all honestly it works perfectly as a Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Indy Bag, but If you have the money to shack out for an Original Mark VII then by all means go right ahead, how ever this bag while being slightly off color is still a fantastic reproduction of the Satchel as carried by our favorite adventurer in the Sable Fedora. So if you want to by a "As Issued" Indy bag then buy this one, it's the same price as an original coming around 26-36 dollars depending on whether buy it off the Etsy, Ebay, or the Magnoli sight. I bought mine off Etsy, It was 26$ which was well worth the buy. How ever if you want a Mark VII that looks like it's tumbled around with Indy then again by all means pick up an original, either way you wont be disappointed.

Over all I give this bag a straight 9/10. Aside from the slight discoloration this bag is a fantastic buy for any casual or hardcore Indy fan, the price is well with in anyone's price range, the shipping is fast, (Mine took only two weeks to get to my home here in California from the Magnoli shop in New Zealand) it works perfectly as an every day bag (which I've been using it as for the last month that I've had it) as a display bag, it's a timeless, stylish bag that really goes with anything you wear, and to top it off it really does look absolutely fantastic with your Indy costume and really finishes off the look. So Indy Magnoli you have unsurprisingly out done your self again and made me a very happy and satisfied customer. I will defiantly will be buying from him again

. 20150923_165851.jpg20150923_165857.jpg20150923_165910.jpg20150923_165922.jpg20150923_165949.jpgFortune and Glory.JPGThe Cario Flash.JPGCopy of The Adventures of Indiana Jones.JPG20150801_144250.jpg

I love Magnoli...hes like my Mr. Fox LOL hes my enabler for all the things I shouldnt spend my money on hahah. Everything he makes is top notch quality. I've never bought this particular bag from him as I do have a real one. However he did do my indy shirt and pants, both excellent. Based off the pictures and comparing it to mine I would say the color does appear to be a bit off but im sure its still a great bag

Yeah I defiantly need to get some of my Indy stuff from him! I plan on getting an original Mark VII at some point, because I'm a war re-enactor and because I love Indy. I've always loved the stuff he's done with the shirt and Pants, I've heard that the Magnoli Indy pants are the best on the market and I've also heard that his shirt is a great match to the Raiders shirt, but I enjoy greatly hearing from other collectors. I find it way to cool that you have gotten the chance to get some of his Indy gear, I hope to grab the same some day. And yes this is a really great bag and I never leave my house with out it by my side. It really just goes to show the quality and craftsmanship that Magnoli puts in. ~ Cheers, Nathan

- - - Updated - - -

It truly is a fantastic bag, I never leave my home with out it, Magnoli is just a truly quality craftsmen. ~ Cheers, Nathan

Nice bag! I've got one of Magnoli's adventure shirts coming in sometime soon

i got my bag from What Price Glory and I'm pretty happy with it and use it all the time. However the bottom is getting worn out from being tossed on the ground and everything else. Seeing this lets me know where to buy my next one. I always feel like Magnoli puts extra detail and attention into putting together the pieces they put out.

Very much so, What price glory has some fantastic Indy gear. I've been working on grabbing Indy's shirt from them, from what I hear the shirt is great. However an Indy shirt from Magnoli has always been the one to truly shoot for. Agreed very much in the comment of Magnoli producing quality, I saw one of the Tenth Doctor ties in person and it makes me really want to save my pennies and get the main bulk of my Indy gear from them.

Also a side note on the color of the bag. From what I read the color of the original bags changed over time depending on the date it was manufactured. I believe they went from a OD olive green color and slowly over time they started to produce more of a khaki color. So my guess is Magnoli probably chose a happy median for his bags

Yeah that's what I had assumed as well. Again when taken out of packaging it really is a great color and really fits the look of being used, Magnoli (and I forgot to add this to the original post) makes the O rings for the bag strap look slightly worn over, they're not a flat black, they look as if they've scratched against several different surfaces. It really adds a sense of depth, as if the bag as been through some tough scraps.

- - - Updated - - -

It truly is a fantastic bag, I never leave my home with out it, Magnoli is just a truly quality craftsmen. ~ Cheers, Nathan

Thanks for all the kind words guys! A note about color: when we first made these years ago, there was a big complaint that all the bags currently available were WAY too green, so we went with a more khaki colored bag. We over shot the mark and made them not green enough. The next run (from which the bag above is from and is currently for sale on our site) was made more green, to achieve what we thought was a good olive drab color to match the originals.

In regards to our shirts... we have just finished a run of custom cotton which is thinner (more "wrinkly") than our standard shirt cotton. We'll be adding this to the site in a few weeks, but anyone who wants a more screen-accurate Streets of Cairo style shirt, you can request the custom cotton in the comments section of your order.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Thanks for all the kind words guys! A note about color: when we first made these years ago, there was a big complaint that all the bags currently available were WAY too green, so we went with a more khaki colored bag. We over shot the mark and made them not green enough. The next run (from which the bag above is from and is currently for sale on our site) was made more green, to achieve what we thought was a good olive drab color to match the originals.

In regards to our shirts... we have just finished a run of custom cotton which is thinner (more "wrinkly") than our standard shirt cotton. We'll be adding this to the site in a few weeks, but anyone who wants a more screen-accurate Streets of Cairo style shirt, you can request the custom cotton in the comments section of your order.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Dang, I just missed the mark for that fabric. I really like that lightweight fabric look, almost linen like. However, the style of the Adventure shirt is just choice to me. So I'm more than likely be ordering another in that fabric. Also, thanks for the update on the incoming products. Really excited to recive my shirt.

Kind regards,
Magnoli
Ugh....*takes out credit card hands it to Magnoli* you might as well just have this LOL

Well a big thank you for all the hard work and dedication you put into making the greatest screen accurate film replica costumes on the market! Again I am way to happy with this bag, as I've stated to many of the fine commenters, I use this bag every day, it never leaves home with out it by my side. And that's because of the quality. I can't tell you how many times this year alone I've recommended your company to many other film buffs and cosplayers like my self. Your dedication to pleasing your buyers is something greatly appreciated and looked up to. Again, Thank you for all your hard work and quality craftsmanship. ~ Cheers, Nathan (Evildead2fan)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back