My Luke V2

Gman666

This is my first saber besides my 4 FXs. I purchased it recently and have been searching the net for different examples to compare it to. I am asking for members to take a look and let me know what they think and what I can do to improve. I know for one I need a Graflex clamp. I think I will order one from Roman's Empire when he gets more in. I know there are different thoughts on if the knob is knurled or not and if it is coned or not. I think it is fine the way it is. I have seen different V2 sabers with a "screw" between the knob and the pommel. In all of the screen caps, I have not been able to see it. I want to know what you think is right and what is wrong. It won't hurt my feelings so reply on.

Greg
P5300063.jpg

P5300062.jpg

P5300061.jpg

P5300060.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(DARKSIDE72 @ May 30 2006, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1253405[/snapback]</div>
Losse all the black stuff/paint. [/b]

That's a different saber... your pic is of the shared stunt, the one in question is the V2.

And I think they both look pretty good. :)

if you plan to stick with the weathered look, then I think you should weather the clamp a bit - it looks a tad out of place, IE too clean, IMO

Dave

I have a Graflex replica clamp on the way. Once it gets here I plan on aging to match the saber. Thanks for the input.

Greg

A fillister head screw goes in the step just below the cone knob.
Weather the black section below the clamp a bit more.
Also, depending on whether you want to add this or not, you could also remove the lever and add the rod which is seen on some photos.

Other than that it looks great. :thumbsup

DS

Thanks on the info about the fillister head screw. Do you know where I can pick one up at? I have looked at Lowes and Home Depot with no luck. I checked Roman's site and he does not carry them either. If you know of a source, shoot me a line.

Greg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back