My "Lost" Virgin Mary statue

Discussion in 'Sculpture and Makeup Effects' started by Gigatron, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Hey Gang,

I finally got my hands on the correct statues thanks to Boba Debt (thanks again, man :D)

I will post pics as I work on this for those who wish to make their own as well.

First up, pics of the statues fresh from the factory:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, the painters aren't all that concerned with staying in the lines. I have some testor's enamels on the way and will be airbrushing a correct "Lost" paint job.

As I go along, I will post update pics.

What I would like is if anyone has screencaps of the one from the show (both intact and broken) to please post them here for reference.

Thanks to WC for hosting

-Fred

2. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

bump for the morning crew

-Fred

3. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Here it is, primed and ready for paint

[​IMG]

Thanks to WC for hosting

-Fred

4. Rick Hanson

Rick Hanson Sr Member

Here are the caps I posted up in the thread that led to the discovery of the right statue:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope they help some...I'm sitting on 3 statues that need painting, so I know I'll be using them for reference myself. :)

-Rick

5. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Here are pics of my first repainted statue. Depending on how the second one turns out, that will determine which one gets busted as the drug mule.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Enjoy.

Thanks to WC for hosting.

-Fred

6. Swedolorian

Swedolorian New Member

Wow, that is so cool... Do you have any plans to start a thread on the junkyard for this project?? Is so sign me up.

7. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Nope, no junkyard runs, just two statues for my personal collection. I got the statues from a junkyard run a couple of weeks ago.

Does anyone have any screencaps of a broken one? I want to get an idea of where it was broken and what the heroin bags look like.

Thanks,
    Fred

8. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Second statue near completion. I haven't weathered this one yet. Still waiting for the paint to cure

[​IMG]

Both stautes together and "heroin"

[​IMG]

Interestingly enough, I used the same exact paint on both. The only difference is the primer. One is white primer (left statue), the other, gray.

Enjoy

Thanks to WC for hosting

-Fred