My Legend of the Seeker Necklace build

DocTony

Sr Member
Last year I wanted to start a Richard costume for the local Ren Faire this year, I figured I could order the necklace from eBay, I found a seller and bought one. I asked for an unpainted one and when I received it I was not impressed, It was a good sculpt but the size was way off,almost 2.5 inches, and it did not include the small tooth clasp either.

Here is a pic of the eBay necklace.

Ebayclaw.jpg

So using this one as a model I sculpted one of my own. This is only the second props I have had sculpted. I made a mold and cast it in Smooth Cast 320 in the off white color which I think is a good color match for bone. I washed it in a black acrylic.

MyClaw.jpg

I even did the small tooth closure on the back of the neck. I found good approximation of the leather cording and I was done.

MyFinishedClaw.jpg

Here is a shot of the ebay one and mine.

2Clawscompare.jpg

All in all I am Happy with it, my next project will be the boots :)

I'd like to know the price of the necklace complete

please answer quickly it is for a birthday gift

Vic, did you notice that the latest post is over a year old? You'd probably have better luck sending a PM directly to DocTony rather than necroposting here.
That said, if Doc Tony does reply here and does still have the molds, I'd be interested to know the price as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I have not made any of these in years but I do have a few left if you would like one, sorry for the late reply I was just told about the post in my thread.

Bonjour DocTony il est peut être un peu tard mais je voudrais savoir le prix de cette oeuvre complète
il serait gentil de me répondre au plus vite!

Hello DocTony it may be a little late but I would like to know the price of this complete work
it would be nice to meet me as soon as possible!:)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back