My Latest "Batman Begins" Props

Fetthunter

Sr Member
At the urging of a fellow RPF'er, I decided to post a few pics of the latest additions to my BB prop collection.

This is a V3 Batarang that I purchased a few weeks ago (the seller may divulge his identity if he wants to ;)). Not much to the display... I printed out a high-res screencap from the movie of Bruce making a Batarang and adhered it to the black backing board using Scotch double-sided adhesive (it's like double -sided tape, but comes in a "roll-on" dispenser and sticks like permanent glue). The Batarang is held in place by pressure, as I didn't want to put any type of adhesive on the prop itself. The "plaque" is a silver foil Avery address label, which will do until I can get a "real one" made. The frame was originally matted to hold three 4x6 pictures. I just removed the mat and used it as a template to make the backing board. Oh yeah, the frame was $1.00 at an "Everything's a Dollar"-type store. :D

framed%20batarang%20sml.jpg

The next prop is a Joker card seen at the end of the movie. This card was made due to the efforts of some very talented people in the "Free paper props" thread. Thanks to those who created the card and evidence label (and found the right size bag.). :D The display is much the same as with the Batarang: Frame, black backing board, foil label "plaque", and high-res screencap adhered to the backing board.

framed%20joker%20card%20sml.jpg

Thanks for looking, and feel free to post pics of your own Batman Begins props. :thumbsup

J

I'd be interested in those screen grabs to print out for my own display.

You can pm me a link, or I could give you my email.

Berry

I don't have them on my server yet, but you can PM me with your email address and I'll send them to whoever wants them.

They'll look fine as long as you don't resize them to over 4x6". They are screencaps, after all. ;)

Thanks for the compliments. :D

J

Niiiiiiice. Thanks for sharing. I actually don't even have these in a display, but now I have been inspired. :D

Can you pull a few more screen caps of the 'rang so we can pick and choose? I'm thinking the shot right before he throws it (while grinding in the dark), then when they do a close-up of the 'rang on a plank.

...going to go pick up a frame asap.

David

Originally posted by synasp@Feb 1 2006, 12:03 PM
Niiiiiiice. Thanks for sharing. I actually don't even have these in a display, but now I have been inspired. :D

Can you pull a few more screen caps of the 'rang so we can pick and choose? I'm thinking the shot right before he throws it (while grinding in the dark), then when they do a close-up of the 'rang on a plank.

David
[snapback]1173491[/snapback]​

Thanks.

My Win-DVD has gone wonky on me and is refusing to work at the moment. :unsure

Hopefully someone else can grab and post some nice screencaps. :D

Are there shots from the movie that show them on the belt while he's wearing the costume? Those would be nice to have as well.

Crap. I might have to redo my display if more screencaps show up. :lol

Originally posted by misterfusion@Feb 1 2006, 04:38 PM
I did some grabs, uploaded them and put links on THIS POST of the Free Paper Props thread back in December.

Is this what you're looking for?

Steve
[snapback]1173684[/snapback]​

I'm looking for grabs of the Batarangs on the belt while Bruce is wearing the costume, or pics of the Batarang after he grinds it and throws it into the plank. Synasp posted some specific grabs he'd like to have above...

:D

Originally posted by synasp@Feb 2 2006, 05:00 PM
I'm going to go out today and pick up a frame. Who here makes those little plaque title... things?
[snapback]1174360[/snapback]​

There's a couple versions on the Free Paper Props thread these cards and screen grabs came from.
They were fairly late in the game, so start at the end and work your way back.

Steve

Originally posted by synasp@Feb 2 2006, 12:00 PM
I'm going to go out today and pick up a frame. Who here makes those little plaque title... things?
[snapback]1174360[/snapback]​

Roman makes them, but as many as I need, I can't afford them. :(

I'm still working on my Grapplegun and utility belt. I have the Synasp Batarang and the Evidence bag/Joker card that I created (the one Adamata is using to print from)

For the '89 movie, I just bought a shadow box to display my Batarang, Speargun and Joker cards. Hope to get around to putting things together this weekend.

Originally posted by Talisen@Feb 3 2006, 01:47 PM
I'm still working on my Grapplegun and utility belt. I have the Synasp Batarang and the Evidence bag/Joker card that I created (the one Adamata is using to print from)

For the '89 movie, I just bought a shadow box to display my Batarang, Speargun and Joker cards. Hope to get around to putting things together this weekend.
[snapback]1175198[/snapback]​

Hey Talesin -

Have you thought about posting the file for your '89 Joker Card in the Free Paper Props thread? Also, didn't I see that you had one that you'd made from the comics? What about posting that one?

Originally posted by synasp@Feb 1 2006, 12:03 PM

David
[snapback]1173491[/snapback]​

Any luck on someone getting and hosting any of these screencaps?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back