My Latest "Batman Begins" Props

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by Fetthunter, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Fetthunter

Fetthunter Sr Member

At the urging of a fellow RPF'er, I decided to post a few pics of the latest additions to my BB prop collection.

This is a V3 Batarang that I purchased a few weeks ago (the seller may divulge his identity if he wants to ;)). Not much to the display... I printed out a high-res screencap from the movie of Bruce making a Batarang and adhered it to the black backing board using Scotch double-sided adhesive (it's like double -sided tape, but comes in a "roll-on" dispenser and sticks like permanent glue). The Batarang is held in place by pressure, as I didn't want to put any type of adhesive on the prop itself. The "plaque" is a silver foil Avery address label, which will do until I can get a "real one" made. The frame was originally matted to hold three 4x6 pictures. I just removed the mat and used it as a template to make the backing board. Oh yeah, the frame was $1.00 at an "Everything's a Dollar"-type store. :D

[​IMG]

The next prop is a Joker card seen at the end of the movie. This card was made due to the efforts of some very talented people in the "Free paper props" thread. Thanks to those who created the card and evidence label (and found the right size bag.). :D The display is much the same as with the Batarang: Frame, black backing board, foil label "plaque", and high-res screencap adhered to the backing board.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking, and feel free to post pics of your own Batman Begins props. :thumbsup

J

2. trekkieb47

trekkieb47 Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in those screen grabs to print out for my own display.

You can pm me a link, or I could give you my email.

Berry

3. houdiniguy

houdiniguy Sr Member

gREAT JOB.

Ditto on the screen grabs..

Please?
    Pm me.

Tom

4. Fetthunter

Fetthunter Sr Member

I don't have them on my server yet, but you can PM me with your email address and I'll send them to whoever wants them.

They'll look fine as long as you don't resize them to over 4x6". They are screencaps, after all. ;)

Thanks for the compliments. :D

J

5. synasp

synasp Sr Member

Niiiiiiice. Thanks for sharing. I actually don't even have these in a display, but now I have been inspired. :D

Can you pull a few more screen caps of the 'rang so we can pick and choose? I'm thinking the shot right before he throws it (while grinding in the dark), then when they do a close-up of the 'rang on a plank.

...going to go pick up a frame asap.

David

6. Fetthunter

Fetthunter Sr Member

Thanks.

My Win-DVD has gone wonky on me and is refusing to work at the moment. :unsure

Hopefully someone else can grab and post some nice screencaps. :D

Are there shots from the movie that show them on the belt while he's wearing the costume? Those would be nice to have as well.

Crap. I might have to redo my display if more screencaps show up. :lol

7. misterfusion

misterfusion Sr Member

I did some grabs, uploaded them and put links on THIS POST of the Free Paper Props thread back in December.

Is this what you're looking for?

Steve

8. doody

doody Sr Member

9. Fetthunter

Fetthunter Sr Member

I'm looking for grabs of the Batarangs on the belt while Bruce is wearing the costume, or pics of the Batarang after he grinds it and throws it into the plank. Synasp posted some specific grabs he'd like to have above...

:D

10. d_osborn

d_osborn Sr Member

great job on the displays.

11. synasp

synasp Sr Member

I'm going to go out today and pick up a frame. Who here makes those little plaque title... things?

12. misterfusion

misterfusion Sr Member

There's a couple versions on the Free Paper Props thread these cards and screen grabs came from.
    They were fairly late in the game, so start at the end and work your way back.

Steve

13. Fetthunter

Fetthunter Sr Member

Roman makes them, but as many as I need, I can't afford them. :(

14. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

I'm still working on my Grapplegun and utility belt. I have the Synasp Batarang and the Evidence bag/Joker card that I created (the one Adamata is using to print from)

For the '89 movie, I just bought a shadow box to display my Batarang, Speargun and Joker cards. Hope to get around to putting things together this weekend.

15. Darkknight0667

Darkknight0667 Sr Member

Hey Talesin -

Have you thought about posting the file for your '89 Joker Card in the Free Paper Props thread? Also, didn't I see that you had one that you'd made from the comics? What about posting that one?

16. Darkknight0667

Darkknight0667 Sr Member

Any luck on someone getting and hosting any of these screencaps?

17. juno

juno Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Okay, if the batarang maker wants to "make" a sale, PM me, I want one.

18. darienvader

darienvader Well-Known Member

:ninja I for one can not wait to see that Tumbler. :eek

19. Darkknight0667

Darkknight0667 Sr Member

Don't know if he's got any left, but he's having a seconds sale here in the JY. I'm pretty sure he's out of the first rate ones.

20. synasp

synasp Sr Member

He umm... still has some. ;)

21. Darkknight0667

Darkknight0667 Sr Member

Sorry about that, David. When you'd closed the last "For Sale" listing of the V.3's, I just presumed you were out of them.

22. synasp

synasp Sr Member

just getting organized is all. no worries. :) :thumbsup

23. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

I did put the '89 card in the Free Prop Thread. The Comic one I've kept mainly cause it was a personal creation not a recreation for my Joker Costume.

And considering there is someone selling the begins cards on ebay using the files I posted for free...

24. Darkknight0667

Darkknight0667 Sr Member

I must have missed the '89 in the Paper Props. I'll have to go back and look.

As for the ebay thing . . . it sucks, but I guess it's just one of the dangers of having a place like this. I just hope it doesn't stop folks from posting stuff, though.

25. Fetthunter

Fetthunter Sr Member

I just see things for the Joker card... :confused I don't see Batarang screencaps, or plaque cards for the Batarang. Or am I missing something? We were talking about the Batarang, right? :confused

26. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

here's my little collection, the belt is a work in progress...

[​IMG]

27. Darkknight0667

Darkknight0667 Sr Member

That Scarecrow mask looks great. Just gotta dirty it up a bit, though.

28. Kylash

it is also a work in progress :p

29. synasp

synasp Sr Member

That batarangs needs to be sticking into the side of the shelf. ;)

Boy, it sucks that I missed the Joker evidence project... :unsure

30. Kylash

i actually made my own joker card, did it shortly after the movie came out.

31. Darkknight0667

Darkknight0667 Sr Member

Any luck on getting the screencaps of the batarang creation scenes?

32. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

I have the grapple gun and I'm thinking about adding real hex bolts. Anybody know where to get the tiny ones? I've looked everywhere I know to look.

33. division 6

division 6 Master Member

Have you tryed ACE Hardware?

D6

34. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

I did and couldn't find any small enough. Unless I wasn't looking in the right place? :unsure

35. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

Just painted the Grapple gun, I was hoping to change out those Hex screws but I couldn't seem to find any small ones either at Home Depot here in Canada. Getting a good colour was (and still is) a pain. It's like a bronzish copper or a coppery bronze. Well, I hope I'll finish it up this weekend.

36. eko2184

eko2184 Member

Nice work.