My latest ANH Kenobi lightsaber, and my favorite.

vaderbreath

Sr Member
I know we’ve seen a ton of these, but this has been my favorite one so far. All original parts.....okay, it’s all a 3D print from Hamilton Props, but it’s the best kit I’ve built. Everything screws together and it was easy to work on. Enjoy!

IMG_7840.jpg

IMG_7825.jpg

IMG_7824.jpg

IMG_7822.jpg

IMG_7816.jpg

No offense to the person that created them, while the original 3-D files for this saber were okay, the current ones are virtually spot on. Couple that with a finish as good as this, put in a display case, and they'd easily pass for the real deal. If I ever get a 3-D printer, this is high on the list!

Thanks all. This was the best scan and print I’ve seen for this saber. I’ve done about five of these over the years so I’ve created a technique for painting and weathering. David at Hamilton Props also had some good suggestions for that as well. Really happy with how this turned out.

I ordered one of these kits to make a display piece for work. Can you share your painting process? It looks fantastic.

For the kenobi...
-Lots of sanding
-primer/filler
-more sanding
-primer
-everything painted silver except windvane
-variety of metallic spray paints
-grenade was painted then with satin black and dark bronze. Then threw it in a box of screws and shaken around to beat it up.
-rub’n’buff for the windvane
-emitter used dark steel, then pastel weathering, then gloss clear coat
-weathering was a combo of paint, pastels, acrylics, sandpaper, and rub’n’buff

It’s difficult to describe the process because there is so much layering of spray paints and whatever is near me in the garage. It’s taken years of trying various techniques to finally find something that works well. The Rey saber used very different techniques...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back