My Korbanth Crossguard WIP

Darth Vidicus

Hello all. I waited until getting my hilts to give any input on forums.
I'm currently working on a Korbanth Crossguard hilt.
I have pictures for how I plan or 'expect' to accomplish my wants for this being my first DIY saber.
Maybe this will help you all too.

attachment.php

Close up of how I imagine I can do this. I'll drill holes small (or big) enough to fit these buttons, and cover the entire oval section with rubber, modeled after the original design here, to keep it consistent. That'll make it easy to hit them without having to adjust my grip.

attachment.php

Where the Effects buttons will be.
Yellow = Lock up clash (Thinking of finding a way to make this a hold to lockup sound,
Green = Blaster Deflection effects.
I'm left-handed, so the clocked- side blades are in my favor when holding it this way (back towards palm) and makes all of the buttons easier to hit without adjusting too much, if at all.

attachment.php

Activation switch. The rubber will fit snug if its too small ,or I can always cut thicker rubber. But it'll be easily concealed, and discreet (in a sense) when activating

attachment.php

First Idea Options for where the kill key would be located. The wire itself will be there for show, to hold the kill key, while maintaining the Kylo look.

attachment.php

Alternative Front Options for where the activation switch will be. I'm thinking of making the Kill Key wire wrap around, and down towards the front for more accuracy.

As for the internals:

Soundboard- NEC Ingiter 2, with X-Drive.

LED- (Unsure) I want to get the brightest most compatible LED's possible. I want the 7/8 main blade to be as RED as possible with a Flash on Clash, yellow. (Color changing would be nice but not sure. Still researching)

Battery- To save space, I'll probably stick with the best, most compatible single 3.7v battery I can find.

Effects and Sounds - Making my own custom saber fonts, so I got that going for me, which is nice. Lol
Like I said, FoC is a want/borderline-need, lockup and blaster effects are much wanted.

*I'm working on seeing if I can make a chassis. A crystal install is not necessary for this build, I don't think I'd even be able to get/mod one in there, after the rest is said and done.

EDIT: Found 3D Chassis parts that fit all the needs for this build, perfectly.

MORE IDEAS AS OF 2/9/16:

- I'm thinking of constructing a crystal chamber of sorts. I'm using whatever parts I can find for that section, and I'll dremel out the part of the upper-half of the hilt, to add to the screen accuracy, but this will be a way for the crystal to be somewhat visible. I'll probably super-glue the crystal into place, and keep it heavily protected, so I can still duel with it, but also make it easy to reveal when you unscrew the thread, and pull down. The real tricky part, is figuring out how big the heat sinks will be..

Attachments

• UDlUzUJ.jpg
    UDlUzUJ.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 480
  • 4mUvNlK.jpg
    4mUvNlK.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 423
  • uOoMUWC.jpg
    uOoMUWC.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 455
  • HcYeYeJ.jpg
    HcYeYeJ.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 421
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back