My kind of scum...

tk7209

My wife trooped in her Boushh costume for the first time last weekend, pic below.

All parts except the helmet, were made by her own fair hands. She put together the blaster from various bits and peices, mainly plumbing parts. All soft parts were sewn by her and the armour and tanks she put together from a kit and sprayed.

To say this is the first costume she has ever tackled and has no experience of prop building she has done remarkably well.

Boushh.jpg

That is one awesome looking Boushh costume. Congrats to the wife. Everything looks exception, especially the girdle belt. Kudos.

Steveo

She should be very proud. Awesome job.. :D

I am so glad you posted her pic. Long story short, I've been working on my Boushh for a bit (very time consuming may I add :unsure ) Even that being the case, I had ordered microsuede over the internet going by a pic on the monitor tends not to be accurate. Anyhow...I just got it yesterday and it looks a lot like your wife's fabric. The color was label "camel" and it was darker than I thought it should be (I thought a light beige/cream color), so I was upset :( BUT... seeing how her's turnout, I actually think it will work well.

Tell her congrads. It looks awesome. :)

WOW. :eek That is probably one of the best Boushh's I have seen. Great work. I really like the helmet. Without giving the source, was it hard to obtain? And was it pricy?

Elijah - VaderFanForever

I swear that looks like the costume in the Magic of myth star wars tour years back.. looks screen used to me.. She did an amazing job for a first timer.

Originally posted by vaderfanforever@Mar 30 2006, 04:29 PM
WOW.  :eek  That is probably one of the best Boushh's I have seen.  Great work.  I really like the helmet.  Without giving the source, was it hard to obtain? And was it pricy?

Elijah - VaderFanForever
[snapback]1216170[/snapback]​

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, my wife is over the moon. Nice to know all her hard work has paid off :)

As for the helmet, she paid £250 for it. You can't see it in the picture but the top visor has flashing green LEDs. The interior came lined and padded. The guy who made it did a remarkable job, he's obviously very talented.

Without going into too much detail the maker was having personal problems, he had a lot on his plate. We ended up having to wait 6 months for it. But hey, c'est la vie. It was well worth the wait :)

where do you guys find these kick arse women...???

i mean i dont have a prob with the ladies, but i have to ease them into my hobbies, i couldnt imagine a girl i liked being like... i really want to get started on that boushh costume.

awesome.

and top notch work to boot.

tell her she has to get started on the costume for the next few scenes, then i will truly be jealous... :p

Pretty damn nice. Looks GREAT.

You and RPF member "Sandman" should contact each other and talk shop. His Boushh and yours (your wife's) are probably the two best I've seen.

Would LOVE to see more pictures. And construction pics if you have them.

Funny but your wife's Boushh blaster and Sandman's Boushh Blaster are alot alike. LOL. :lol You both have great attention to detail.

Teri did an amazing job on that Chris. Its Purrrfect ;)

To answer Troopermaster, yes the pic was taken at the NEC in front of the backdrop.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back