My Jurassic Park display...

Originally posted by kurtyboy@Mar 3 2006, 09:20 PM
That's nice  :love

It's almost enough to make me want to start a JP collection (my name is already down for the amber chunk). :)
[snapback]1198407[/snapback]​
Thanks, I had the display all set up but it was just missing one more piece and since I couldn't fit a hardhat or cane so I came up with the idea of the amber chunk from the beginning of the movie. So I contacted Mxlplx (who had just finished up with the cane tops) and asked him if his guy could make the amber chunk and he was all over it. It was the perfect item to fit in the display.

Thanks, I would like to get a velociraptor egg; I think that is about the only thing left that I could fit on that self without it looking too crowded.

Also, for anyone that decides to check out the flash presentation, don't forget to try the icons on the map (many but not all have audio associated with them).

Originally posted by howlingwind13@Mar 3 2006, 09:07 PM
I like the map background, I may have to steal that idea :)
mike
[snapback]1198401[/snapback]​
Glad you like it, steal away. :D

Originally posted by DL4567@Mar 5 2006, 01:07 PM
Montagar, where did you get the PILE of brochures?  I could really use an extra one for my display...
[snapback]1199269[/snapback]​
I had the idea for this display with the map opened in the background and other brochures "strewn" about a long time ago. So when RPF member Ashfrank had the brochures made and offered them back in June of '05, I jumped at the chance to get a "PILE" of them. :D

Originally posted by Montagar+Mar 5 2006, 05:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Montagar @ Mar 5 2006, 05:32 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-DL4567
@Mar 5 2006, 01:07 PM
Montagar, where did you get the PILE of brochures?  I could really use an extra one for my display...
I had the idea for this display with the map opened in the background and other brochures "strewn" about a long time ago. So when RPF member Ashfrank had the brochures made and offered them back in June of '05, I jumped at the chance to get a "PILE" of them. :D
[snapback]1199512[/snapback]​
[/b]

I think Ashfrank ended up selling the rest of his stock at the end of the year to Philippes. Could be wrong...

Originally posted by SurferGeek+Mar 5 2006, 06:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SurferGeek @ Mar 5 2006, 06:49 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Montagar@Mar 5 2006, 05:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DL4567
@Mar 5 2006, 01:07 PM

[snapback]1199512[/snapback]​

I think Ashfrank ended up selling the rest of his stock at the end of the year to Philippes. Could be wrong...
[snapback]1199521[/snapback]​
[/b]
You are correct, I had forgotten to mention that.

Yeah, the one brochure I have came with my cryo-can from Philippes. I guess I'll email him to see if he would sell an extra brochure seperately. Thanks for the responses.

Oh by the way Montagar, I saw your Lord of the Rings shelf picture from your Detolf case in the other thread. It looks like you have a talent for displaying things really well on those shelves. I'd be very interested in seeing a picture of your whole case(s)....

Originally posted by DL4567@Mar 6 2006, 07:33 PM
Oh by the way Montagar, I saw your Lord of the Rings shelf picture from your Detolf case in the other thread.  It looks like you have a talent for displaying things really well on those shelves.  I'd be very interested in seeing a picture of your whole case(s)....
[snapback]1200274[/snapback]​
Thanks, since I don't really have painting or sculpting skills, I do what I can. :)

I am in the process of reworking all of my stuff into 5 Detolf cases (that's 20 display spaces. :love). The Jurassic Park display is the first one that I have completely (whatever that means ;)) finished and I will post pics of others as I finish them.

The LOTR display is actually awaiting some major additions and that will be the next display that I will probably finish. The ultimate goal is to put up a web site that will show all of the displays with flash presentations for each (like the one included in this thread).

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back