My Johnny Ringo costume

That's awesome. I especially like the pic of your little dog peeking around your ankles. :lol

Look, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think? Should I hate him?
:p
nice costume.

Yeah. I wouldn't mess with ya. :)

Great rig. :thumbsup

P.S. I trust you take off the wristwatch when you're going to an event. :p

Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Mar 30 2006, 05:53 AM
So where does one pick up an accurate pistol and rig?
[snapback]1215953[/snapback]​

If you're talking about screen accurate, I couldn't tell ya. But there's a whole bunch of folks that get down with single-action shooting and they dress in costume to do it. If anyone would know where to find anything, they would. Here's some links. The Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) is always a great place to start and this site: The Gunfighter Zone is devoted to authentic gunfights. There's a lot of folks who would be able to help you out with fully functional, real-world gun rigs. Hope it helps. I'm on there... known as "Fast-Hands".

Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Mar 30 2006, 05:53 AM
So where does one pick up an accurate pistol and rig?
[snapback]1215953[/snapback]​

Funky: I had the rig made by a leather craftsman in Virginia (I think). He did an awesome job. There are only a few very minor things that arent dead-on, but if you didn't know exactly what you are looking for you won't catch it. What helps is you get so very few screen caps of the rig. PM me and I'll send u the artisan's copntact info.

The pistol is a Nickel Denix replica I got off Ebay. The action works, the cylinder spins, loading gate/ejector function. Denix even makes replica bullets to drop in it. The grips were originally wood, but I sanded them and painted them Ivory.

GM: Thanks. the hat was an old one I had in the closet..just shaped it and beat it up some, added the band and strings...

PJ

Originally posted by TD5422@Apr 3 2006, 12:42 AM
Looks great...
Are you going to embrioder the dragon on the shirt?
[snapback]1218565[/snapback]​

I'd love to but you never get a good look at it to see exactly how it is. Most don't even know there is a dragon there anyway so I'll probably just leave it alone.

pj

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back