My J Long Communicator and Hand Phaser Builds.

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My recent builds of these long out of production kits. I wanted them to look like the actual filming props and not Idealized super clean and perfect.

6TZnnV.jpg

NrlXhs.jpg

dqtjTo.jpg

izaUgv.jpg

EnSE9u.jpg

qUU3SI.jpg

IXM0nr.jpg

sIqrPl.jpg

1P78Ed.jpg

phbraT.jpg

They look really nice and I'm glad to see you didn't go overboard with making them look like the actual filming props. I usually like the pristine look but I don't mind a bit of wear and tear.

They look really nice and I'm glad to see you didn't go overboard with making them look like the actual filming props. I usually like the pristine look but I don't mind a bit of wear and tear.
Thanks! NO... I didn't want the pristine look. I already have that with two Wand Communicators, A Wand Phaser, A Wand Black and White hand Phaser and the Master Replicas Landing Party set. I wanted them to look like "working", weathered , solider spills and a brush painted Hand Phaser...JUST like they were in the series. They weren't pristine in the series, at all, and I wanted to capture that particular feel and look. Hopefully I succeeded!

After talking to my friend Steve Pielock, I adjusted the color of my Phaser 1 Accordingly. However Although I cleaned it up a little, I retained the used/weathered feel of the Actual filming prop.

Thanks!

5BE89A3B-E36C-4C40-9DE4-3A103A13D8CE.jpeg
3A0AE7DE-FF52-41B3-95F0-94D2A5207F4A.jpeg
05115117-1563-4710-83D6-1CD3371661D1.jpeg
2D64B858-127E-40FE-AAD2-4A355226F242.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice work! They look like they could be set-used. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up those kits when they were available, despite not having the level of skill required to do them justice.

After finding and reviewing my reference material, I went back and adjusted my build ups to reflect my reference material!
I swiped out the middle jewel on my Communicator to better match the "GAMMA" Comm.
And again, the Hand Phaser was adjusted to better represent an accurate color, cleaned up a little, but brushed on and still weathered.

jGP1Vq.jpg

r1SRyC.jpg

EnS5m2.jpg

FsUkkC.jpg

Hi all,

Nice to see your start trek John long builds. Hope some one here can help me with mine, I bought the Jlong kit when they first came out and I started the shells and life got in the way for last 13 or so years. I came across it again 6 months ago and would like to build it now but have no instructions at all, just the signed COA that came with it. I emailed John a few times for a copy of the instructions over the past few months but to no avail. No response. The p1tutorial on his “ saucersoverhollywood” site is also gone - or never was, not sure. Also the many other forums with in-depth p1 long kit builds over the years ( I remember someone named Phez had some great tips back then ) but they are all gone as well.

So can anyone helpe me out with maybe a PDF or pics of the original instructions?
I would like to add my build to this thread,
cheers,
Stew

Herea a pic of my jlong p1 kit with everything in tact minus instructions, just waiting.

C06D9FEC-61DA-4CE5-A88B-83F998B74A77.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back