My Ironman MK1 helmet build

This is my Ironman MK1 helmet build from the first Ironman movie, I see so many of the newer version IM helmets so I decided I would do something diffrent and thats how I ended up making the MK1, I had my buddy JTM make me a model of the helmet for pep, I then unfolded it and ended up with this
378504_2160788312940_1643530697_31602714_377670895_n.jpg

388169_2160788112935_1643530697_31602713_1759898477_n.jpg

Since im not really good with scratch building I figured that a pep model would be an easier base to work off of, but after looking at screen shots and pictures of the actual helmet used in the movie I noticed that I had alot of modifying to get it some what screen accurate
Looking at the side view of the helmet the top part of the front section and the top of the back section need to be sloped down quite a bit plus the weld lines on the front piece is wrong and also on the back so I will sand them off and make new weld lines
this is just after hardening the pep and some minor grinding on the helmet
erqrq.jpg

A few days later and alot of sanding im finally getting the top sections sloped down some, these are pics with my helmet next to the actual screen used helmet for comparison
im3.jpg

im4.jpg

MK1II.jpg

And this is where im at as of now, almost got the shape to where it needs to be, also smoothed out the weld line on the front, my plans is to make it as close to the screen used helmet as I can
Ddfg.jpg

DSC05489.jpg

DSC05491.jpg

Sorry for not posting all of my progress pics, the helmet is almost complete at the moment, I tend to just build and forget to take progress photos

Im just building this helmet for fun I really don't plan to use the helmet for a costume or anything

Hope to post more progress pics soon

Looking really good so far mate...great to see your making this piece all the more screen accurate.

Will you be making any pulls of this for sale?

Update

Been meaning to update this thread, I pretty much have the MK1 finished, well at least for now the master copy is finished, I still need to mold the helmet because it is nasty and really gross looking on the inside area and I really don't want to put this on my head, I wasn't planning on wearing this for any reason I made it to display, I gave it a silver paint job to get a feel for how it will look finished, I left the eye areas and mouth openings closed up, once I get a cast copy of the helmet I will cut those out and give it a better paint job to match the movie version helmet. the helmet does open up and is two pieces I was just lazy to take a seperate picture of the 2 halves seperated

Well guess you want to see pics, will post finished pics of a casting soon

DSC05633.jpg

DSC05637.jpg

DSC05635.jpg

DSC05636.jpg

Thanks for looking

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back