My Iron Man Helmet is To SMALL. please help

GilTheGreat

How Do I get My Iron Man helmet mark 6 to fit, i am still in the process of cutting out paper and gluing and cutting and gluing some more. I just noticed when i got the actual helmet piece done and tried it on, it's to small and it wont fit unless i cut it somewhere and add some more paper some where. Does anyone have and advice on what i should do. any advice would be apreciated. thx

Chances are you might've scaled it wrong. If that's the case, there's nothing much you can do but to stop now and remake one with the correct scale. However, the helmet is not designed to slip onto your head. Finished helmets have the backplate removable in order to fit a head inside. But if the helmet doesn't fit on your head from ear to ear, you will have to redo it.

Sounds like a scaling issue. Pep Designer will allow you to get a measure between various vertices on the mesh, which lets you scale it to suit. In any event, scale it at least 10 or 15 mm more than you think you'll need, to allow for the thickness of the fibreglass you'll reinforce the pep with.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back