My introduction to prop building with a DL44

Robianco

Hi all.

First thread so please be gentle. I picked up the AW Solo DL44 after reading through a thread on here so I had what I felt was a good ANH/Solo blaster (even without modding it). I decided I wanted to build an ESB DL44 and went for a cheap option just to see how I got on. I picked up a plastic Mauser that fired plastic darts and nerf for around £5 and then got the rest of the parts from an eBay seller.

DL44-1.jpeg
DL44-2.jpeg
DL44-3.jpeg
DL44-5.jpeg
DL44-7.jpeg

After lots of layering and weathering and I was quite happy with how it all went. The barrel is a little thick on it so I knew it wasn't going to be overly accurate. After more reading and having the nice weight of the AW DL44 I decided to go for an upgrade and make a metal one. So I picked up what I needed from War Machine and I'll be doing some work on my new version to get it finished up.

NEWDL44.jpeg

And yes. I realised I'd put the bolts the wrong way for this photo. That'll be corrected. :)

And now I'm already thinking about a Hoth version of a ROTJ : /

Thanks for all the comments and the nice welcome.

I wouldn't have dared attempt any kind of build I the past as I wasn't any kind of modeller as a kid but it seems getting better at DIY gives you the confidence.

That was my first gun but I'm working on a few things such as Hasbro conversions. I've almost finished this Snowspeeder and just need to add the orange detailing and decals.

SS3.jpg

SS1.jpg

SS2.jpg

I'm also working on a Vintage Collection TIE.

But after these my focus is mainly on prop weapons. I've been contemplating a Sidewinder EE3 Kit.

A great looking build! I usually stick to lightsaber models but wanted a DL-44 since I was a child so I’ve been building a 3D printed ESB version. Just a few small pieces left to print before sanding and assembly.

Attachments

• AF241D11-1965-41E2-AE01-A08E2735AA45.jpeg
    AF241D11-1965-41E2-AE01-A08E2735AA45.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
  • 8EB6480F-5692-43B1-A194-33D603664211.jpeg
    8EB6480F-5692-43B1-A194-33D603664211.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back