My Indy costume

howlingwind13

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,
sorry I don't have any better pics of my costume but my friend Chuck Williams called me tonight to tell me he put this pic up on his site chuckwilliamsfanclub.com
thought it was pretty cool
anyway I'm Indy my girfriend is red riding hood and my friend Andy is the hearse driver.

mike

Episode 37: Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Last Doughnut

Great stuff man, thanks for sharing. :)

Any details on the gear? More pics? It looks pretty darn good.

I've been on a BIG Indy kick lately and I've been building my gear up over the last month myself.

The jacket is a Wested as well as the shirt...the hat is a peter bros. and the gun belt is from Texas Action gear ( you can't go wrong with tag)
the whip is a 12' from ebay not accurate but it didn't cost a fortune either.
The idol was gotmaul's he sold me a few years back and I finished it.

Need to get better pics...
mike

Nice stuff. I've never heard of Texas Action Gear, do they have a website?

I'm still saving up for a Wested jacket and my Akubra hat should be here tomorrow.

I still need a whip, and "close enough" is fine with me, but I've been hesitant about those eBay whips because their pics are so crappy. Yours looks pretty good from what I can see...Is that the "saddle tan" or a different color, cause it looks pretty much spot on to me.

I'm going to try to take some posed action photos...my friend owns a haunted house with some ancient ruins type scenes should be fun.

Mike

Nice costume.

Two things:

1) Are the Wested jackets lined for warmth? I've thought about getting one for everyday wear

2) Congrats on Red Riding Hood. :love ;) :lol

1) Are the Wested jackets lined for warmth? I've thought about getting one for everyday wear

Wested's jackets are lined either with cotton or satin or a combo. If you want a jacket for warmth, get a cowhide jacket and send some flannel to them to use as a backing to whatever lining you want.

I've used my lambskin jacket with the basic cotton body/satin sleeve during winter here in Toronto. Of course, I don't spend too much time outdoors, so it was alright. I wore my "real" winter jacket only a handful of times.

But really, as long as you properly layer your jacket (grandma's sweater works well) you'll be fine.

Originally posted by Thatguy@Mar 28 2006, 03:58 PM

Wested's jackets are lined either with cotton or satin or a combo. If you want a jacket for warmth, get a cowhide jacket and send some flannel to them to use as a backing to whatever lining you want.

I've used my lambskin jacket with the basic cotton body/satin sleeve during winter here in Toronto. Of course, I don't spend too much time outdoors, so it was alright. I wore my "real" winter jacket only a handful of times.

But really, as long as you properly layer your jacket (grandma's sweater works well) you'll be fine.
[snapback]1215038[/snapback]​

How are the Wested jackets in warmer weather? I seem to recall a recommendation on the Wested site as for lining/weather, but it was years ago. I'm seriously considering buying a jacket, but i'm in central Florida :unsure

Lamb with a cotton body/cotton sleeves might suit you. Lamb is the lightest skin. And cotton breathes the best. Satin sleeves are good if you wear long sleeves as they'll slide right in, but become too hot during humid wheather.

Originally posted by Thatguy@Apr 2 2006, 04:33 PM
Lamb with a cotton body/cotton sleeves might suit you.  Lamb is the lightest skin.  And cotton breathes the best.  Satin sleeves are good if you wear long sleeves as they'll slide right in, but become too hot during humid wheather.
[snapback]1218439[/snapback]​

Awesome, thx for the reply.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back