DP74

Cos-Culture | Indiegogo <-clicky!

My name is Jay Bianco, I'm a filmmaker, a Costumer, and a member of The RPF and The 501st Legion - along with my wife and kids, for a few years now.

I've asked permission to post my campaign on this site, and am very grateful that I'm able to. I'm posting here to get the word out about my Indiegogo Campaign to fund my feature length film about the Costuming and Cos-Playing community called “Cos-Culture”.

IndiegogoLOGO.png

As a member of The 501st Legion and being a part of the costuming community here at The RPF for a few years now, I have met so many amazing people, and seen so many amazing things. I have had so many amazing experiences since joining the Costuming Community, and as a filmmaker, this is my chance to thank you all for everything you have unknowingly done for me. You all have made a huge impact on my life, and that is why I have a real NEED to make this film. Basically, it’s a love-letter to the community type of film. This is extremely important to me – as important as costuming is – and in order to do the costuming community any justice, I’ve decided to start a crowd-funding campaign on Indiegogo.com so I can get the proper equipment, get the proper software, travel to the necessary places to cover the different cons and Cos-Players around the globe throughout the year. This is going to be a professional feature length film (at least 90 minutes) on the Costuming and Cos-Playing culture!

I want to show the world this amazing community and hobby that’s turning into a very unique and special sort of culture. The people in the community are amazing, both in talent and as people, and that’s what I want to focus on in this film. I want to give Costumers and Cos-Players a proper voice to the world, I want Costumers and Cos-Players to point to this film whenever anyone asks just what this whole thing is really about. We will, of course, cover The RPF in the film and when we visit the various conventions, we will post here which cons and when we will be at so that every single costumer and cos-player on this site can be interviewed for this film should you want to, but without putting any vendors or costumers in any sort of danger with license holders. This film is for YOU, and I will not let you down.

Being able to post this here, and to kindly ask you all to take a look at my campaign, see what it's all about, maybe even decide to contribute and share it to everyone you know, means a lot to me. I hope that this is something you all would be interested in taking part in, and believe in enough to invest. I can promise that this film is something YOU ALL will be proud of and point to as our voice.......your voice. It will be honest, professional and entertaining. Any amount of sharing would be great - the more that hear about it, the more chances we have to get funded and get this film made!
We've even gotten a retweet from Chewbacca himself, Peter Mayhew!
Retweeted Peter Mayhew (@TheWookieeRoars):

RT, looks interesting (@JayBianco74): Would absolutely LOVE a shameless plug for my film for costumers and cosplayers!…​
Please go to my campaign page, read over everything posted there, check out the perks, hit me up on Twitter if you'd like (@JayBianco74), The Facebook page of my Film Production Company Red Keep Productions, and if anyone has any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to ask. I'm on this site just about all day and night, every day and night, and would love to hear from you!

Thank you for your time and consideration....we cannot make this film without you.

Jay Bianco
BH/SL8957
501st Legion
Outer Rim Squad

Last edited:
Is nobody interested in helping me tell this story, in giving the costuming and cosplay community a real voice? I can't do this film without your help.
We're going to be at all of the major conventions and will interview any and all members from here, and we could even set up skype interviews for those that don't really do the convention thing.

I think we have a great opportunity to tell our stories to the world in a very positive and honest way, and have a film that we are all proud of.

Please consider giving me the opportunity to make this film. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Thank you.

Jay

As a indie filmmaker myself, all I can say is good luck! The idea in itself is interesting. What I would need in order to be convinced enough to give money to your project, is a better presentation of what you're capable of and what the final product will look like. I would like to see quality footage that you've already shot (previous documentaries or previous shorts?), that tell me that this is a guy who will pull thru with a project of this magnitude (90 minutes, several conventions, hundreds of interviews). I also had a hard time watching the video due to it's lenght. I have a short attention span so it felt too long for me.

Hey!

Thanks for the post! I understand where you're coming from completely. The only thing I have that's around the idea of what I'm going to do in regards to this particular project is a 10 minute documentary about how joining the 501st has effected my family and I's lives. It's called "The Hunt For Hope".

[video=vimeo;54764704]https://vimeo.com/54764704[/video]

Unfortunately, I don't have access to good equipment, which is why I'm doing this indiegogo campaign. The money is for equipment and travel to the cons throughout the year in North America and Europe to make sure that we get as wide a pool of interviews as possible. For that 10 minute documentary short alone, I had over 8 hours of footage I could have used. ;)

I do realize that I'm probably asking for a lot, for people to invest in my film, invest in me, but honestly, I don't think I am. Our lowest perk is $10 and you get a wristband. People every day put more on the line and never get anything. I've watched people lose hundreds, close to thousands on paying upfront for a run, and then the guy takes the money and vanishes. Me...I'm asking for people of the community to consider my pitch. I'm going to post what conventions our crew will be at so I can make sure I have interviews from members of this community. I'm also ready to do Skype interviews if people are interested. The costuming and cos-play culture need a voice, need a film that we can all point to with pride and say "This! THIS is us!".

This project is my make-or-break project. Whatever happens with this project dictates what happens to my career in filmmaking.

I hope that I have managed to at the very least, give you a little faith in me, whether you decide to contribute or not, as long as I've gotten my point across and you believe in me, then I'm happy.

Again, thanks for the post, I hope that our goal will be reached and we can get out to your neck of the woods, and if you're around, do an interview for the film!

Jay

We've added a $10 perk price point. we realize that times are tough - hell, that's why we're doing this campaign! So if you're on the fence, or don't have a ton of cash, $10 is a good way to go. You get a nifty wristband for it! Every dollar helps. Just think...if 100 people contribute $25 (the pre-order for the DVD), that's $2,500...that's a camera!

Thank you for reading and I hope you'll decide to take part in the making of this film about this amazing hobby filled with wonderful, passionate people!

Jay

Bumpity?
We really could use some support for this. It would be great to make this film, really show how awesome the community is from within.

Jay

Cos-Culture | Indiegogo

I have film quality costumes of Boba Fett and Darth Vader. I use these costumes for charitable events like visiting sick children in the hospital, or visiting terminal children in the children's hospice. I've raised thousands and thousands of dollars for charities in costume.

That's ONE aspect of what costuming and cosplaying is.

I'm trying to tell a story. A story about costumers and cosplayers - some like me, some not. Money made from this story I'm trying to tell will go to the same children's charities I have been raising money for in costume the past few years.

But I need help. I can't make this movie, I can't tell this story, I can't sell the film, I can't raise money for children's charities without YOUR help this time. I need to get equipment - I used my PHONE to film my pitch! We are going to travel to conventions across North America and Europe. I want to tell EVERYONE'S story that's in this hobby.

But I can't do any of this without your help. Won't you please help?

Jay

Near 200 views, no interest?
I understand times are tight, but this is for a great cause, for the community and when the DVDs go on sale, proceeds go to Children's Hospital and Children's Hospice! Please try, find it in your hearts to contribute, and if you really can't, please share and post this everywhere you can! We need the exposure like you wouldn't believe!

J

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back