my Hot Toys Ram Predator

hellonearth

alright guys this is my first real totally repainted custom hot toys pred, i hope you like it, its not quite done with finishing touches but you get the point, please feedback is welcome!

P7010004.jpg

P7010017.jpg

P7010007.jpg

P7010022-1-1-1.jpg

P7010010.jpg

P7010011.jpg

P7010006-3.jpg

i havent finished repainting the head yet, ill add more pics when its done, but please let me know what you guys think, i value your opinions :)

P7010004.jpg

P7010017.jpg

P7010007.jpg

P7010022-1-1-1.jpg

P7010010.jpg

P7010011.jpg

P7010006-3.jpg

Awesome! I'm becoming more and more a fan of the Ram as time goes on. My suit is kind of Ram influenced, though not intentionally. I call him "Brother Ram", like there's a "Brother Boar" in the P2 movie.

Awesome! I'm becoming more and more a fan of the Ram as time goes on. My suit is kind of Ram influenced, though not intentionally. I call him "Brother Ram", like there's a "Brother Boar" in the P2 movie.
awesome dude! is your suit somewhere on this site? ive seen a bunch of em on here, but which one s yours? i love to see when people go all out and make a full suit! thats totally cool, unfortunately i lack the money at the moment or i would love to start one, im about as big a pred fan as one can get, but im sure we all say that... :( none of my friends really know this but thats the main reason i got three foot dreadlocks hangin off my head that ive been growin for about 12 or 13 years, a bit obsessed i am, but which of us isn't :D glad you can appreciate my custom buddy!

Yeah, my suit is on here. Looks like this right now:

2072932947_72781e6f98_o.jpg.gif

I originally got this suit back in 2003 I think (if I remember correctly). I wanted a different color than the browns and reddish colors commonly seen so went with blue tones. It might be the first blue skinned Pred costume that was made, but if you look in the completed suit thread, there's a few more blue ones now. Anyway, I first used a P1 bio on him, then went with a P2 bio (still silver painted to match my armor, not bronze like the P2s usually are). The P2 bio version was in the fanfilm S.E.E.D. Then lately I've been using a Ram bio sculpted by Ruffkintoy, which I like.

Because the real Ram suit was more of a gray and blue skin yet mine are white and blue (and I never originally planned to make my skins match his in the first place), I've been calling it "Brother Ram", since they both have blue on their skins and the Ram bio. I also intentionally never did the airbrush stripes across the crown of the bio, mainly cause I didn't like it. :( My armor is all custom type of parts, but I'm getting a set of P2 armor soon, so he'll become even closer to the movie Ram. Lately I've been liking that Lost Hunter Ram suit more and more, but without any high quality reference pics of his skins (like have been shown of some of the other Lost Hunters), I wouldn't be able to properly paint a set of Ram skins correctly to do it justice. I have seen pics of the real Ram undermask, but no close up pics of the Ram body skins.

2072932947_72781e6f98_o.jpg.gif

Excellent pics!

The hole figure looks great especially the dreads, hhmmm maybe the feet should have a bit of black added to them though so they blend in with the rest of the figure.

Damn I better start saving because I gotta get me a Predator.

BTW. What kind or make of paint do you use and did you put a primer on underneath aswell?

Excellent pics!

The hole figure looks great especially the dreads, hhmmm maybe the feet should have a bit of black added to them though so they blend in with the rest of the figure.

Damn I better start saving because I gotta get me a Predator.

BTW. What kind or make of paint do you use and did you put a primer on underneath aswell?
ya, basically the feet, hands and head were not finished at the time of the pics, but totally planned on fixing them :) i really just started workin on it again a couple days ago, but ill definately put some updated pics up when its done ;) i really appreciate the feedback on this one its my favorite custom of mine so far. thanks man!

on a separate note, there was just a white spray primer underneath, then from both sides and about a foot to a foot and a half away, i sprayed it with black so that theres a nice gradual fade from black to white from outer to inner thighs, arms, and torso, etc. then added the details creaping inward from the dark parts. then lastly a light blue washing, if you will, to take some of the intensity of the black away in some areas im sorry its kinda hard to explain but if anyone would like more details on how i did this one i would be honored to share the best i can. i did use another little secret that i kinda figured out while making it and thats even harder to explain, but again i would be happy to share the best i can. :) thanks again buddy!

Awesome work - the custom is great!!

will finish it off if you make a custom label bit for the stand :)
yes i definatly need to make him his own label :) anyone have any suggestions on how to do that ? ive seen some of you do it, i just never got to ask ;) thank you so much for your compliments! greatly appreciated!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back