My homemade Sword in the Stone prop replica! Excalibur never looked so good!

Flanman

So I've had this replica of excalibur for about a year or two. I got it from a buddy of mine and have never done anything with it so finally decided it was time to get it properly displayed in the nerd cave. It came with a wall plaqe to hang it but this is excalibur we are talking about! Only one way to display it and thats in a stone! After about 2 weeks of searching I stumbled upon a fake rock at target, perfect base. It was hollow so I filled it with some spray foam, 3 cans of it. Cut a hole in the top with my dremel and shoved the mighty excalibur into the stone. Prefect fit! It looks amazing in the corner and turned out far better than I could have hoped. I might go back and add some moss on the top and maybe some light black washing to bring out some more details on the stone but for now I'm pretty happy with it.

IMG_3690.JPGIMG_0130.JPGIMG_1140.JPGIMG_9449.JPG

Heres my Youtube video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPw-uv1Z6sM

Looks really good! :thumbsup

I thought about doing that in the woods of my parents’ house. They have an acre of woods set up like a park, and I thought about making a fake concrete rock and having a sword set in as it hardens. Then let it just weather and age, even allowing some vines to grow on to it.

Yeah but Excalibur was not the sword in the stone, that sword had previously belonged to Uther Pendragon, Duke of Cornwall the future Arthur's father... Excalibur was gifted to Arthur after he became King by the lady of the lake, who also just happened to be the mother of Lancelot du Lac...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back