my hasbro boba fett blaster conversion

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

buckettt

just finished my boba fett blaster using some hasbro parts....I made a longer stock and handle from wood, extended scope, and made a longer barrel...(basically removed/replaced everything but scope and flare gun center--still makes blaster sounds) measurements ended up being 5 3/4 (top to bottom) and 32 inches long ......finished w/grey primer, flat black, then dusted it with flat dark brown, then added scratches, rust ..etc...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

pandabarnes

That looks amazing!

I just bought one of the hasbro blasters from tesco - was just going to repaint it but now I'm thinking I need to do this!

have you got any more wip shots you want to share?

PoopaPapaPalps

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Most impressive! I've thought about doing this myself but then I realized what kind of work I had to put into it and thought, "maybe next time.":lol

buckettt

sorry no other wip pics..(I just cut off handle, stock, and barrel ).found measurements of blaster online and then made stock, handle, and barrel according to measurements...attached (see pic) and painted....it was a pretty easy project ...let me know if u need help.

buckettt

thanks....I made the tracks from basswood strips (balsa wood)--the ones from the craft stores that come in different sizes ...just glued them together....oh and I still got to finish handle

Slave1

Sr Member
thanks....I made the tracks from basswood strips (balsa wood)--the ones from the craft stores that come in different sizes ...just glued them together....oh and I still got to finish handle
That's exactly what I did on my mostly scratch built blaster, way back in the day when no one even knew for certain what the real gun was based from.

Jodo

Sr Member
Awesome!!!!! I posted on TDH a loooooong time ago to see if anyone would make a resin conversion kit or something, but no one ever did. So I decided to hold out untill someone did. It's just sitting on the shelf now. :lol

Nobby

Sr Member
that looks great! :thumbsup
slightly picky, but might wanna amend the stock-end of the trigger guard :cool

buckettt

that looks great! :thumbsup
slightly picky, but might wanna amend the stock-end of the trigger guard :cool
ya..thats the only thing that bugs me...I ment to shave it down, but forgot (I did shave down trigger though ) I might take a dremel to it this week.

merkymerx

Wow that looks legit! The weathering is fantastic! I love how dusty and worn out it looks. Great job!