my hasbro boba fett blaster conversion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by buckettt, Dec 25, 2011.

1. buckettt

buckettt Well-Known Member

just finished my boba fett blaster using some hasbro parts....I made a longer stock and handle from wood, extended scope, and made a longer barrel...(basically removed/replaced everything but scope and flare gun center--still makes blaster sounds) measurements ended up being 5 3/4 (top to bottom) and 32 inches long ......finished w/grey primer, flat black, then dusted it with flat dark brown, then added scratches, rust ..etc...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TallDarkandDisfigured likes this.
  2. SFPROPS

SFPROPS Well-Known Member

That looks great! I did a conversion some years ago and stopped half through - very bad. LOL

3. TheLipmannToy

TheLipmannToy New Member

WOW she is stunning I hope I can get one from you!!

4. pandabarnes

pandabarnes Active Member

That looks amazing!

I just bought one of the hasbro blasters from tesco - was just going to repaint it but now I'm thinking I need to do this!

have you got any more wip shots you want to share?

5. PoopaPapaPalps

PoopaPapaPalps Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Most impressive! I've thought about doing this myself but then I realized what kind of work I had to put into it and thought, "maybe next time.":lol

6. buckettt

sorry no other wip pics..(I just cut off handle, stock, and barrel ).found measurements of blaster online and then made stock, handle, and barrel according to measurements...attached (see pic) and painted....it was a pretty easy project ...let me know if u need help.

7. PoopaPapaPalps

PoopaPapaPalps Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Where'd you get the t-tracks from?

8. Slave1

Slave1 Sr Member

I never thought that could look so good. The paint job is especially impressive.

9. buckettt

thanks....I made the tracks from basswood strips (balsa wood)--the ones from the craft stores that come in different sizes ...just glued them together....oh and I still got to finish handle

10. Stormy320

Stormy320 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That looks awesome. What did it look like before?

11. Slave1

Slave1 Sr Member

That's exactly what I did on my mostly scratch built blaster, way back in the day when no one even knew for certain what the real gun was based from.

12. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

Awesome!!!!! I posted on TDH a loooooong time ago to see if anyone would make a resin conversion kit or something, but no one ever did. So I decided to hold out untill someone did. It's just sitting on the shelf now. :lol

13. Nobby

Nobby Sr Member

that looks great! :thumbsup
    slightly picky, but might wanna amend the stock-end of the trigger guard :cool

14. whitehawk

whitehawk New Member

That looks great

15. buckettt

ya..thats the only thing that bugs me...I ment to shave it down, but forgot (I did shave down trigger though ) I might take a dremel to it this week.

16. Solochaser

Solochaser Well-Known Member

Did you keep the lighting effect on the toy? Does the tip pop off in the front?

17. Weaselhammer

Weaselhammer Sr Member

I'm impressed ! Nice job !

18. JoeLuna33

JoeLuna33 New Member

That is cool. If you hadn't shown the first picture I would have never known.

19. merkymerx

merkymerx Active Member

Wow that looks legit! The weathering is fantastic! I love how dusty and worn out it looks. Great job!

20. JAMESHILL1979

JAMESHILL1979 New Member

got mine laid in bits, now i've seen this i need to get cracking. awesome job.

21. buckettt

yes it still makes blaster noise, but no light, tip is glued on (pvc barrel and toilet bowl float thingy) .....after painting it flat black I lightly dusted gun with flat dark brown..gave it a nice brown rusty look, then some terricotta (rust) in the cracks (along with grey scuffmarks etc)

ohh..and weaselhammer ive seen your site before..sweet pistol

22. Egon

Egon Well-Known Member

this is great! I'm looking at doing something similar. How did you extend the barrel?

23. buckettt

I had to make a new barrel/ stock and scope...I basically just kept the flair gun piece ...
    barrel was made from tubing, balsa wood for fins, and and some sort toilet bowl piece for the tip

24. Egon

Egon Well-Known Member

Thanks! Looks great!

25. Country Paul

Country Paul Sr Member

Looks great,

I had one of these (unmodified & in its box) for about 5 mins but had to wrap it up & give to my friends son for Christmas,

Might be time to go back get another one for me & go to work,

Inspiring thanks for sharing