My Star Wars blasters

BTTFfan88

I don't know if this is worthy of its own thread, but I've been "slightly" obsessed over Star Wars lately (can't imagine why). I've had an Empire DL-44 for years and I continue to upgrade it. Here it is:

I've always wanted a "Greedo Killer" because it's my favorite. Well, over the past 6+ months I've been working on building a GK. Like my Empire blaster, the base is a Denix. The scope and scope mount are from the Doopy Doo's resin kit. The flash hider (which isn't 100% accurate) is a 3D printed piece from Shapeways. And, lastly, the heat sink is a resin piece from Corellian Exports. I painted it all up myself (obviously). Here it is:

And my most recent project The Force Awakens blaster. I picked up a Umarex Mauser M712. It's pretty nice, considering it only have the long magazine. The scope and wheel, scope mount, bull barrel, flash hider, and front grill are from Shapeways. The lenses are just little pieces of clear plastic off an action figure clam-shell box that I cut out. It still needs work and isn't 100% accurate to TFA, but I'm pretty pleased with its overall look.Here it is:

Now, keep in mind, I'm on a budget. So, please be gentle with your criticisms. Please tell me what you guys think!

-Josh

Really Nice Work!!!! Quick question. The front grill from Shapeways actually fits the wider Umarex Mauser M712??? Did it fit right just as is or did you have to fiddle / modify it???

Really Nice Work!!!! Quick question. The front grill from Shapeways actually fits the wider Umarex Mauser M712??? Did it fit right just as is or did you have to fiddle / modify it???
I does NOT fit. I have yet to come up with a replacement. Right now it's just resting on the edge with white tacking clay holding it on. Haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Major Bummer!!!! I was hoping that it did. I think I purchased the other one from Shapeways from the one you purchased and it didn't fit either. In any event there is/was a resin one up on EBAY that with a little work (Dremel and Patience) seems to be fitting a bit better. Check out my thread here;

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=252957&p=3863123#post3863123

Good Luck!!!

I does NOT fit. I have yet to come up with a replacement. Right now it's just resting on the edge with white tacking clay holding it on. Haha

DSCN0206 (2).JPGDSCN0205 (2).JPGDSCN0212.JPG

I decided to remove the antenna greeble and add a more accurate piece that I made from styrene. I'm thinking about a repaint as well. More pictures to come!

Very Impressive! I'm just starting out and would love to make an ESB DL44 and was wondering what you used for the m19 scope? Keep up the great work

Very Impressive! I'm just starting out and would love to make an ESB DL44 and was wondering what you used for the m19 scope? Keep up the great work
Thanks! I got the scope and mount for my ESB blaster from a seller on eBay called propstudiogabe. It's not 100% accurate, but I liked its overall look and it has plastic lenses. It's decent quality. I still have my resin scope and mount if you're interested in seeing them.

I've actually been looking for a resin scope so I'd love to see yours. I also might go for the DEC M19 scope, since its a cast metal piece and has lenses. Would the DEC scope fit the bracket from propstudiogabe?

Last edited:
Everything looks great, I have one recommendation silver leaf rub n buff its a paint that gives almost a real metal shine! Love em keep up the good work!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I've actually been looking for a resin scope so I'd love to see yours. I also might go for the DEC M19 scope, since its a cast metal piece and has lenses. Would the DEC scope fit the bracket from propstudiogabe?
I'll try to take some pics tonight.

Everything looks great, I have one recommendation silver leaf rub n buff its a paint that gives almost a real metal shine! Love em keep up the good work!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Thanks! I'll definitely try that. Is there a brand you recommend?

Looks pretty good to me. I have made a few of these too. I have a metal one, and a plastic body I made from an airsoft gun that ran about 10 bucks. The gun, the parts otherwise were pretty hard to come by;)

Turns out I had some Rub 'n Buff from 2005. The stuff still works.
uploadfromtaptalk1452999818866.jpg

I went a little overboard with it, and not intentionally. It was pretty tricky considering I've not used it in years.
uploadfromtaptalk1452999884104.jpg

Sorry, I took some pictures that night and I've neglected to share them.

Did a little more work to my Force Awakens DL-44, including adding a new grill from Corellian Exports. Although it still needs a little work.

DSCN0308 (2).JPGDSCN0305 (2).jpgDSCN0304 (2).jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back