My Halloween Newspapers/clippings

shadowbat69

This started out as a project for a friend of mine who is an avid Myers collector.

I was able to get a roll of newspaper stock from our local newspaper, my Mom works there so that helped. Anyway, these are pinted on standard printing paper that has had the news stock adhered onto it. The news stock was just too thin to go thru my printer as is, so this allowed for easier printing and better durability.

I used screen grabs to replicate the papers as best I could. Wasnt going for 100% screen accurate, but close enough that it was recognizable. Plus, Im sure most of you know this already, alot of screen used papers have bogus articles. Meaning they use already existing articles from other papers to basically fill the space. A couple of the articles on the Halloween papers were actually baseball stats. What I did, with the help of my buddy, we just created out own.

These are the ones that we have currently come up with:

myers.jpg
halloween_6_poster_01.jpg

halloween_6.jpg
halloween.jpg

halloween-movie-wallpaper.jpg
halloween1024.jpg

a Loomis prop kit. Article, name badge, and certificate. Really like how these turned out.
B5822-00.jpg

I like that we decided to keep these at a smaller printing size. It just makes them easier to display as either a wall collage or in an album. Its a fun thing to do. Especially when coming up with our own stories.

Ive also done these for Elm Street and a couple from the Batman films.

-eric

LOL.... you used to sell these on Ebay, I recall seeing them before on there. :lol

Let me guess.... they shut your auctions down due to copyright? They have been going after everyone who posts a Halloween replica that is not licensed...

I guess no better time to offer them for free, when you can't sell them anymore, lol. (y)thumbsup

I saw another seller that just had stuff on and they got theirs shut down as well. They had Halloween stuff up. They are just getting so darn possessive of their rights.... sheesh!!:lol

Are you going to offer them as a free prop to print out? If not, and you are looking to sell some, you should post a sale thread in the JY.

I know, right? I didnt have these up but for a couple weeks and then BAM, I was suspended from ebay for a week and had to take an online licensing "class". lol

these are very simple. Ill have to upload the templates and post them.

Last edited:
That does suck. But... they do own the rights and they can do that I guess. Nice work though.... can't wait to see the templates!!

Sorry to hear that eBay suspended your account Shadowbat, hopefully that week went by fast. I just wanted to say that these look awesome, just like the ones in the movies. So simple yet so damn creepy, I love these - keep up the awesome work man! :D \m/

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back