My halloween monster mask collection

vader45

Sr Member
You have seen a few non star wars posts from me time to time but I dont think I ever shown my mask collection on here. I know this is not really a mask forum but the HMA(Halloween Mask Association) last I logged in was pretty much abandoned );

But I hope some of you enjoy and I hope I get some interest in this thread. My non star wars threads tend to wither away into dust. But I wanted to change it up from time to time and show off my second favorite love, Halloween mask and I have not shown off my collection in a while.

I have too many to individually post so I did group shots. If you want to see any individual masks please let me know.

I own vintage masks from Don Post Studios all the way to Trick or Treat Studios and some independently made masks.

Enjoy.

20190612_025259.jpg
20190612_025311.jpg
20190612_025327.jpg
20190612_025341.jpg

P.S. I had a lot more stands but somehow went missing when my collection was briefly in storage. Now I can't find them at the price I bought them and in the quantity they were stocked.

Attachments

• 20190826_170413.jpg
    20190826_170413.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 343
  • 20190902_144328.jpg
    20190902_144328.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 467
  • 15674499643317746711168972661306.jpg
    15674499643317746711168972661306.jpg
    898.3 KB · Views: 406
  • 20190902_152650.jpg
    20190902_152650.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 516
  • 20190801_171242.jpg
    20190801_171242.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,052
Last edited:
Thank you. I've been collecting since 2010 and seen a fee come and go. There are a couple I wished I kept. I'm an idiot for selling my original DPS H3 skull and Night Owl Nightmare Man 78 Returns.

But there are a few I have that I can't even get my self to think about selling like my DPS 1977 Quasimodo from their 1000 line.

Halloween 4 mask from Trick or Treat studios.

Ok so I prefer higher end fan made stuff most of the time for the quality and accuracy. But this mask perfectly fills that void for a quality and accurate H4 mask. I've owned Indies in the past but this is by far the best H4 I've had. Zero need to change anything on this tots Myers. This is a near perfect H4 replica for only $60.

They took such a cheap simple mask and ran with it. It's very detailed in the weathering and hair.

Good bye Rubies H4 mask.

20190719_100652.jpg

The H4 is a very flat, plain mask, which probably makes it the easiest to recreate. I've actually seen some good looking H4 conversions from the TOTS H2 mask. That said, amazingly Rubies still managed to muck it up. The TOTS version, on the other hand, with or without the neck extension, looks utterly amazing, and is practically on Indie level. The more I see it, the more I think I'm going to just go ahead and preorder it.

H4 is probably the guiltiest pleasure of all the Thorn trilogy movies for me. Used to be H6, but the surprised Mona Lisa smile on the H4 mask and the tone set by the movie just makes it so deliciously 80's slasher horror. And let's not forget George P Wilbur's shoulder pads.

The H4 is a very flat, plain mask, which probably makes it the easiest to recreate. I've actually seen some good looking H4 conversions from the TOTS H2 mask. That said, amazingly Rubies still managed to muck it up. The TOTS version, on the other hand, with or without the neck extension, looks utterly amazing, and is practically on Indie level. The more I see it, the more I think I'm going to just go ahead and preorder it.

H4 is probably the guiltiest pleasure of all the Thorn trilogy movies for me. Used to be H6, but the surprised Mona Lisa smile on the H4 mask and the tone set by the movie just makes it so deliciously 80's slasher horror. And let's not forget George P Wilbur's shoulder pads.

If this mask was released as is from an indie artist I would have paid triple for it.

Truth is, even though the look is plain and simple while people say it should be too easy for tots to not screw up, the mask has a ton of subtle Weathering. Something Rubies screwed up on and omitted.

Last edited:
Nightwalker by Ghoulish Productions

20190722_171757.jpg

Purchased at Perfect Occasion Costumes and Magic in Middlefield Ohio. They have a large order from Ghoulish and Trick or Treat coming in Thursday. If you're in the area and wanting any products by Ghoulish or TOTS support your local shop and but from
Perfect Occasion Costumes and Magic!

Ghoulish Pro makea plenty of great masks. I have a number of them, and they're made of good quality latex with good paint apps you don't normally see from a mass produced mask maker.

Ghoulish Pro makea plenty of great masks. I have a number of them, and they're made of good quality latex with good paint apps you don't normally see from a mass produced mask maker.

They share factories with TOTS in Mexico! I've spoke with a painter before and he has done work for both. They sure are fantastic masks. This is my 6th Ghoulish mask and it is OOP!

Ive shown off this mask before but I thought i would post it here in this thread. This is not a recent buy as I've had it a few months. This mask just holds a special place in my heart. It was such a huge part of my childhood and the mask that really got me into loving masks. I've had so many other versions like the 90s licensed version, DWN V1 and V3 and then the Caine Productions, also produced by tots as well till they lost the license, but this version, the most expensive one yet, is the one to finally capture the look and essence of the original version.

I present Goosebumps the Haunted mask by Hammond Sculpt Studios. Now I need to work on aquiring the rest of the unloved ones.

20190723_231605.jpg
20190723_231515.jpg
20190723_231440.jpg

I just scored this beast. I'm really shocked at how much the Distortions Monster Of the Month masks are selling on eBay for! I say grab a few before they are gone! I won this one for $30. That's like a deal of a life time for a mask directly from the artist and not being a production piece!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back