my half budget suit

esdain

well here's the story, a few years ago i made a bio from a paintball mask, was terrible but i learnt form it and got hooked on pred costumes. so, last year i bought a mask off ebay cheap. turns out it was a priks elder, so after a year of sitting there i paint it. then get a cheap muscle man suit and latex it up, bambooie dreads. the painting on the muscle suit is poo and will be redone
SV500020-1.jpg

it stayed like this for a long time, until i found a source of foamies, so i made a belt system to hide a gap where my trousers and muscle suit end. i also had the idea of "safety" wristblades, coz i plan on wearing this out to a party on halloween and then into town to some pubs, diudn't think doormen would look to kindly on resin or metal blades, all foam for now then.
SV500135.jpg

SV500012-1.jpg

then thanks to Lee i have some feet, painted those up on a sunny afternoon with some strange looks from customers
SV500122.jpg

then after that i made some shin armour to hid the join between trousers and feet. the reason i am using trousers is coz this year it's budget and i want pockets.
SV500131.jpg

then lee provided me with some hands, pre painted and thankfully they aren;t too different from what i hope my finished suit will turn out like.
SV500136.jpg

and then i tried it all on today for the first time, was good fun planning what to put on next so i didn't get stuck, soon realise a second pair of hands is a must. so got my bad tempered stepdad to help and take some pictures, he only took 2 and one of them was poo, so after 10 mins of posing and giving instructions i got this.

SV500133.jpg

as a side note, i got hold of a mysteria alien trophy head and couldn't help but turn it into a shield AVP style, won;t be having it on for this halloween coz it weighs a ton, but it looks good

i have a lot to do to finish this suit but only a few things i would like to do before halloween, as far as i am concerned for now after a small repaint my skin is complete. i do require a neck ring and body net though, then chest and backpack and i will be ready for this year.
next year i hope to have a full skin suit some proper armour, looking at carls, awesome work, better start saving tho. and a bio, want something a bit different so might be making that one myself.
i am pleased with the way my suit is turning out, thanks to Lee for providing me with some key parts and dangerdavey for making the mask, i love it

SV500020-1.jpg

SV500135.jpg

SV500012-1.jpg

SV500122.jpg

SV500131.jpg

SV500136.jpg

SV500133.jpg

see you like my gauntlet project

Ha__Khann__s_gauntlets_by_cm023.jpg

great suit btw, gosh i'd really like to make one for myself but no materials to buy here where i live ;(

Ha__Khann__s_gauntlets_by_cm023.jpg

aaah, so the gaunts are yours, i would have mentioned you but i found them on deviant art ages ago and couldn't remember whose they were. they very cool

Happy to pass on stuff i didnt need, I didnt make anything you have just passed them on.

suit looks good so far, im sure youll hve a blast at halloween

jordan i think you just looked at pictures and didn't read :0 said i need netting, you got an old babminton net or shall we go on a midnight drive and stealz one?

well my legs arrived from usurper on tuesday, off to town i went tuesday afternoon and bought me some more foamies and some more games workshop paints.
set up early weds morning for a few hours painting before work. the plan was to repaint the torso and paint the legs at the same time to blend the whole suit together a bit. armed with a my trusty (but old) devilbiss super "63 and my leaky compressor i set to work.
i was a little worried when the base coat didn;t look to be coving too well but it all worked out fine in the end. colours used for those interested and in this order: bleached bone, desert yellow, bestial brown, scorched brown, chaos black. i am pleased with the results and it blends quite nicely into hands, feet and mask, i planned to repaint the neck of my mask but my compressor hose finally packed in so that put an end to that.

things left to do before halloween:
computer gaunt, plan on making this a small box to keep my wallet and phone in for the time being
neckring - next on list, priority really
chest armour
one shoulder armour
backpack maybe
also the shin armour needs making a little higher as the legs are slightly shorter than i guessed

her's a few pics of my duct tape dummy suited up. when i wear the suit the belt doesn't ride so high and also the gap between torso and legs is alot smaller
SV500144.jpg

SV500145.jpg

i have a test fitting on tuesday next week i hope should have some pics then

SV500144.jpg

SV500145.jpg

out in the wind and rain today for a test fitting, needed to see which bits i need to change and add. so far from looking at the picturs apart from painting the shin extentions and underside of the armour i see the belt need to be made wider and perhaps the legs mad ea little darker, but enjoy the pics, oh, photography courtesy of Elmaloy, random norwegian girl who is stalking me :D

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

also i have a slight problem. any one have a solution to my pants falling down. they are slightly too big and keep falling down, any ideas?

IMG_0963.jpg

and here we have sexy hooker pred!

IMG_0969.jpg

and "the Thinker"
IMG_0983.jpg

so apart from painting, i have some foot armour to add, and i have to find a body net and if i have time i will make some chest armour to

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back