my half budget suit

dude it looks good but needs something like.. well the string covering and more armor like armor pads and a body armour peice then it would look even better!

dude it looks good but needs something like.. well the string covering and more armor like armor pads and a body armour peice then it would look even better!

work in progress!

the reason i was "test" fitting is so i can see whatn i need to do before halloween, i doubt i will have enough time now to make chest and backpack so for now it's widen the belt and finish painting

I know that problem dude! The well known-duhhh-pants-drop!
Maybe using a good sturdy broad piece of elastic which you sew on the pants will work proper. I think that braces will slip of the pants.
I use a good sturdy strong belt, which is a bit rough on the inside.

(Still have to have the try-out day of my costume.)

that actually looks really great! I like how you did with the muscle body. I actually bought that and thought it wouldn't look good but you sure made it sweet!
Like the gaunts too. The design is actually similar to the design I made, with those pointy fins on the top and all. Except the horns are a pretty badass addition!

well halloween has come and gone and so far i have only found one picture of me and spawn, was in suit for about 5hrs in hot clubs, was awesome.
won a fancy dress competition and got free alcohol and entry to the club, i wasn;t drinking but they test tube shots were bright green and blue, kinda like blood in one and cleaner fluid in another, cool!
i'll post up more photos as they arrive.

n620498829_935877_4725.jpg

some things i have noticed, well need a neck ring and i need to paint around the eyes to make them a bit darker.
also the trousers fit alot better but still slide down a little bit after alot of moving and posing.

i had a small vandal try and remove a dread, they took pred fist in the face and i retrieved my dread, reatached and no one will ever know, other than that most ppl were cool and just asked for photos

next on the list:
neck ring
body net
armour

n620498829_935877_4725.jpg

been awhile since i have done anything major so not posted on here, i have tho since bought a bio and made some more foam armour, i have chest, shoulder back done now.
next on the list is backpack, body netting, straps for armour to hold in place more securely and stil need a neckring

IMG_2451.jpg

all my armour is black atm but i will be repainting it

also, i think the bio is slightly too big but no matter really, i'm a tall guy so it doesn;t look bad

IMG_2451.jpg

tbh i think i am getting there, if money was in ful flow i would replace most of the armour for latex stuff but i like my foam i will replace the gaunts at some point but other than neck ring and netting i am about there really

been ages since i have added anything to my suit but Dakath so kindly made me a wolf neckring, alien style bracer and one of his alien shoulder bells, they arrived this morning so i closed the pub early and headed off to the garage for a little painting. i had just over 3 hours before i needed to open up again and before i knew it i was late, but this is what i did.

the neck ring was simple, prosaide brushed on, fw ink black airbrushed over that, and then top coated with liquitex medium and gloss

SV500007.jpg

then i started work on the shoulder bell, i plan on repainting all my armour in this style.
silver base coat over prosaide again, then added a light coat of brown to the um, bumpy? areas, then the smooth bits i added a light coat of blue before painting the alien head. black, blue, followed by brown to highlight the raised bits and the gums and teeth. pics don;t really do it justice.

SV500010.jpg

SV500006.jpg

and then a final pic of how my suit stands atm

SV500005-1.jpg

on my list of things to do,

tomorrow, paint all my armour to match
repaint bio to match
attach strapping to chest, back and alien shoulder
body net (still need to find one i like)
make shoulder cannon
remake wristblade gaunt

and then i can be happy and call him finished

SV500007.jpg

SV500010.jpg

SV500006.jpg

SV500005-1.jpg

just a couple more pics, quills added. also i need 18 mini dreads, hmmm, i suppose when i finally get round to dreading my P2 i will order some extras

SV500001-1.jpg

SV500004-1.jpg

SV500001-1.jpg

SV500004-1.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back