My Grusderk Replacment Mask

quote name='ptgreek' date='Jul 14 2009, 11:11 PM' post='150248']
Never heard of him? got any pics. Already got like four heads..but never hurts to check out some more. Oh ..and those arent veins ..they are rough clay scratch marks
[/quote]

f0b3_35.jpg

f0d9_35.jpg

f110_35.jpg

f140_35.jpg

272e_35.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got my money today. Gabe refunded me for the price of the mask. He didnt refund the extra $98.00 for shipping. Not sure how I feel about that considering I paid shipping for something I didnt want. Is he charging me for having to ship a crappy mask twice? I guess you are sort of a man of your word..you did refund most of it back very fast.
You would think that he would feel bad about putting a customer through a long wait, broken promises and the complete displeasure of opening a box twice and seeing a pile of crap. He might feel bad enough to try and make up for it. not really

Now that this is said and done, SOMEBODY PLEASE DEVELOP A JAW SYSTEM. if only to show this guy how it's really done.

Gabe. I dont know who you are selling these to. The folks here on the Lair arent fooled easily. We are generally in constant support of each other in developing our craft. BUT..we dont rip each other off !!! If your masks arent ready yet, DONT SELL THEM!!!!

Take your time on your sculpt, cast them the way they should be and if you are going to use your mandible system as a selling point, MAKE SURE IT WORKS!

all of this could have so been avoided.

NOW THIS ******* IS STARTING TO TICK ME OFF!!!

I sent him an email thanking him for the fast response in regards to the money, but that I was a little put off that he kept the shipping.
his response:

"I don't refund the shipping because that was not my area... we pay that to UPS directly.... my compromisse with you was about my product and my work.... it was not on shipping.
I send the money quickly because I don't want more missunderstandings and no more problems. I did a promisse and I keep it."

well guess what Gabe, I paid YOU directly! you would think that he wouldnt want to piss me off anymore then he already has. Funny, now I get a response from him in minutes ..it took weeks before

Wow, that's grade A BS. Oh, and someone already did develop a jaw system here besides grusderk, predattack, and itself considerably cheaper than replicating grusder'ks way.

Someone made a YouTube video where it explains how it works, and just by looking at it, I can tell that basically, sticks connecting the jaw to the mandible is turned horizontal when the jaw opens, pushing the mandibles out. I myself am going the hard and rather elitist way by making a simplified version of grusderks, which someone posted a diagram of on various threads. On the noob link list, there's a babelfish link that has pictures, and if you study it, you can get the whole system.

So a final update. I got pissed finally. Gabe and I went back and forth today in a series of emails. He wanted me to try and be understanding..I explained to him quite bluntly that if he doesnt consider himself capable of turning out a quality product, then he shouldnt willingly take peoples money. He agreed to fully compensate me for my time and dissatisfaction. Through our communication , I learned a few things about his process. He casts his clay sculpts out of silicone. He has never heard of hydrocal or ultracal. He has decided to honor his remaining refunds...complete a few orders and then retire for a time, while he develops his craft. He accept responsibility for his shoddy workmanship and will not sell again until he can offer something worth charging for. He will practice better communication to those that email him numerous times asking about progress, etc.
While my experience dealing with Gabe was not a pleasant one, some good may actually come from it. I can now put this to rest.

Someone made a YouTube video where it explains how it works, and just by looking at it, I can tell that basically, sticks connecting the jaw to the mandible is turned horizontal when the jaw opens, pushing the mandibles out. I myself am going the hard and rather elitist way by making a simplified version of grusderks, which someone posted a diagram of on various threads. On the noob link list, there's a babelfish link that has pictures, and if you study it, you can get the whole system.

That was me, I made it. (the vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFM4EqLoaKQ...re=channel_page

It's good that old grussy learned something.

It's about time someone sold bad masks out of forgettfulness rather than to just be an *******.

I come regularly on your forum which I find excellent. I rarely post because I am French and the technical terms, it is not easy. In France we have an european predator's colony forum forum on which I post regularly my creations. I work on a mask of predator with the famous system of mandibles integrated... What proposes Grusderk has nothing exceptional... And I plan well in some months to realise a complete mask but to make a mask of pred, it's not done in some days... And sorry for my bad english ...

He philigore cool that there is a European P colony! I'm from the Netherlands.. I'll send you aPM.

Hmmm a bald predator...looks very wierd.. I'll keep it in mind, because it's an insperation for me to write a story. Or maybe to make something out of the idea of a bald predator...Mmmm. I'll open a post for it in teh near future. Because maybe I found a new idea for this thing.
Of course it will be a new idea for a totally new species of warrior, you know my style.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back