My Grusderk Replacment Mask

ptgreek

Ok ..opened the box and here we go. I guess I could go into a full review, but Instead I'll just post the email I just sent Gabe.

"Gabe,
I received the mask today. I will hold you to your word. Please refund my money. In fairness to you I will tell you why. I paid almost $500.00 for a quality mask many months ago. Today I should have gotten my money's worth and then some, for the time it took. What you have sent me is a mask that was cast from a sculpt you took very little time with. Having owned many predator props from other makers I know quality when I see it.
You should take the time to apply alcohol to smooth the rough cuts you make for texture..the mask looks like unfinished clay. Your old sculpt had very shallow dread holes for placement in the back, now there are none at all. Would it have taken too much time to at least include this in your sculpt? There are already holes forming in the mask..you had to have noticed this upon inspection ..I will include pictures. As for the fit ..well the underskull fits my face, but there is no range of motion to the mandibles...the bottoms open a half an inch at best and the uppers barely move at all. To actually try and make them move, it hurt my face... mostly the bridge of my nose. The teeth are already falling out. There was no protection in the box you sent it in ...you just tossed the mask in the box. ..no foam or bubble wrap at all. As for the teeth..why send the inner teeth and not the mandible teeth....the new wire you are using is too big to fit the old teeth anyway...again you had to have known this. I'm am displeased to say the least.
Again. I will at least give you the opportunity to remain a man of honor. You stated that I could have a refund no questions asked. I feel I have given you enough reasons to answer any question you might have anyways. Please get back to me ASAP so we can work this out.
Sincerly,
George Frangadakis"

now for the proof.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

So this post could serve as a warning to buyers ..not really the point...other posts may have done it already and those that sing him praises will buy from him anyways. I am a dissatisfied customer...It is a message to Gabe to save face ...admit his wrong doing, and make things right

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Oh man I am seriously gutted for you bud, to send that abortion out to someone after paying top dollar is a fuggin insult! A child of five could do better, come on Grusderk, was happenin fella??

I really and seriously hope this dude gets his finger on the pulse and gives you your money back matey!!!!!!

Pure freakin insanity on his part too say the least.

Does Mr G actually sculpt ON the Latex wet?
or he makes molds of each face? If he makes molds then it should give him time to perfect the sculpt before making this.
But this thing looks like he sculpts on the latex itself since the scoring marks looks rushed and without thought. Also drip marks on the lower picture.

I don't think its a case of trying to sculpt into the latex, he just sculpts in the texture on the clay then moulds it, what your supposed to do is smooth out your texture with brushes, making sure you don't get straight harsh lines like this.

Got a reply from Gabe.

"ok, as I told you before.... I will do no asks, you are displeaced with my work and as guarantie I will send you the money of the mask.
I will go to western union and make the transfer."

when the money is in my hand I will at least give him the respsect of being a man of his word

So here is the pic of the mask that he emailed me while it was in transit. Again, with the "looks better from far away" idea

Cant believe I didnt notice the "no dread holes" then .. of course what could I do? ..he sent the picture when it was already on it's way

georfr.jpg

*edit* there is now a bruise across the bridge of my nose for putting it on and trying to make those mandibles open and close for 5 minutes

georfr.jpg

Those unsmooth clay lines are indeed the worst I've seen on any Pred mask to date. Wow.

The first DB Pred mask didn't have any actual dread holes either, but there were a bunch of circles etched into the sculpt where the dreads were supposed to go. I dreaded one of those masks with no problem using that pattern, but this one.....seriously? I've never seen anyone not even sculpt markers for dreads in place on a finished mask.

It kinda looks like there's a bunch of veins on the top of the head.I got my recent mask from fearfactorystudio he sells a lot of these masks on E-bay give him a shout.And I'm very happy with mine.Looks really nice to me.But I know off topic anyone know where I can get some teeth?

It kinda looks like there's a bunch of veins on the top of the head.I got my recent mask from fearfactorystudio he sells a lot of these masks on E-bay give him a shout.And I'm very happy with mine.Looks really nice to me.But I know off topic anyone know where I can get some teeth?

Never heard of him? got any pics. Already got like four heads..but never hurts to check out some more. Oh ..and those arent veins ..they are rough clay scratch marks

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back