My Gotham City Police Car (Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rises))

If I had the cash, could send it Down Under and drive it around in full gear mode no worries, work for me lotto ticket.:darnkids

I love old Ford Panthers....well done!:thumbsup

I'll always have the world's biggest soft spot for the Ford Panthers. I grew up in St. Thomas (Where the factory was until late last year...I understand why it was closed and the Panther canned, but I'll never like it), grew up riding in, and then learning to drive in, and did various other sundry activities inside, a series of Crown Victorias (Fortunately, none of them owned by the police).

Not a prop project, but I'm holding out for a Panther of some sort with a blown engine and a Ford Lightning SVT with a blown...everything but the engine...to show up on Kijiji, to build the supercharged yank tank I've always wanted.

It will be garaged at home.

That's a shame, unless it's for legal reasons (IE, not wanting to get tagged for impersonating a police officer or something). It's a fantastic piece of workmanship and a fantastic car.

I've always loved the P71's, and I'll probably own another one someday. Very solid car. I'm gonna miss it.... but it was a lot of fun to build!

Looks great! I have two P71's, and love them! Great rides, even without all the coolness yours has! Sorry to hear about the sale.

Well its depressing that I'm replying soo late to this post but I had wanted to add to this.
I am Going to be doing the same thing, I have just finished a GCPD SWAT uniform and I was wanting to also get a car
For the fun of it. lucky me I live in the Miami area so I wanted to ask what body shop did you go to to do this?
I'm almost certain if I go to any others they would deny making it because I'm replicating an emergency vehicle.
I also was thinking about using a 2012 Crown Vic but the price may bee a bit too steep for that, and you also said you
had gotten the car directly from the Police ( I may be mistaken). I had already gotten most of the equipment needed for it
most of the expensive stuff but its just the small things now that i am struggling with. License plate, pushbar, and just small things.

by the way, If you go to the city and talk to some of the directors you could get your car registered as an emergency vehicle meaning that you can drive without the covering. however it may take a few weeks or months depending on what kind of mood they are in, My friend in Seattle did the same thing and they said it was ok for him to do that. but then again he was just making a small movie replica for another movie.

Anyway if you ever do get this message please get in contact and let me know! it would be great to make another car.

I just sent my car to paint, do you know where to find the graphics and what font to use? I really appreciate the help, I'm modeling mine after yours except changing the numbering

Hey! I used a police specific color. I THINK it's the same color they use for the Michigan State Police.

It's been a while, but I'm 90% certain it was this one.

Attachments

• royalblue.png
    royalblue.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 104
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back